PDA

View Full Version : Inspection

fatima
27-07-2011, 12:42 PM
On monday got the call :clapping: at last from my inspector she is coming on friday morning butterflies in the stomach, then she rang back and said that I need to phone fire officer all done they even came round to do a fire home check this morning and all is fine all I need to do now is to fill in the fire assessment sheet that he left send that back keep a copy for me and for my inspector and to top this need to pack for holidays leaving monday i will definately need a holiday after the rushing around this week does anyone have any tips for my inspection x xx x :rolleyes:

sarah707
27-07-2011, 05:24 PM
Ohhhh nearly there!! :clapping:

Just stay calm, think before you speak and you'll be fine.

Don't forget to let us know how you get on :D

RachelM
28-07-2011, 08:25 AM
Hiya - just be honest about everything. The Inspectors are very good at trying to catch you out when they think you are just blagging things. They appreciate honesty and everything up front.

I'm due my inspection any day! This one is my regular routine inspection but I don't know what day or what time she will turn up on my doorstep!

Even though I am 'behaving', it is still very unnerving as they scrutinise everything you do and every inch of paperwork, from contracts to policies and toys provided!

miffy
28-07-2011, 01:13 PM
Good luck - hope everything goes smoothly for you!

Miffy xx

manjay
28-07-2011, 01:21 PM
You will be fine! Don't forget they are there to help on your pre reg visit.

Let us know how you get on:thumbsup:

brightstar
28-07-2011, 02:58 PM
My DW gave me some good advice (the one and only time shes been useful :angry: ). She said to have everything ready as if you were already minding. It worked for me :blush: But its nothing to worry about, they are there to help and offer advice.

fatima
28-07-2011, 06:25 PM
thanks:) for all your advice will let you know how i get on x x

Polly2
29-07-2011, 07:02 AM
Hope it goes well :thumbsup:

zippy
29-07-2011, 07:49 PM
does everyone have to have fire officer out now

tulip0803
29-07-2011, 08:12 PM
does everyone have to have fire officer out now

Fatima is pre-reg in Wales under CSSIW and it is part of the National Minimum Standards for Registered Child Care in Wales that all those registering should have a visit from the fire officer. She is waiting for her pre-reg inspection which is the final part of becoming registered in Wales so the inpector wanted to be sure that she had got all that needed to be done done.

Good luck Fatima:thumbsup:

I registered with CSSIW a couple of years ago and she had all my policies and stuff with her. She had a list of questions to ask "Why do you want to be a childminder?" "Whay would you do if...?" Nothing tricky or hard just to make you think a bit and so that she could see how I answered. I also asked her som questions about positioning stair gates as my stairs are odd and a gate in the garden. She discussed stuff and looked all over the house.

fatima
30-07-2011, 09:55 AM
:clapping: :clapping: :clapping: inspection went fantastic off to portugal on monday so inspector said i should have by registration number/certificate by the time i come back glad it all over good luck to any one in the pre-reg stage. And thank for all the advice, this forum is fantastic:laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

tulip0803
30-07-2011, 11:22 AM
Congratulations:clapping:
Llongyfarchiadau:clapping:

Enjoy your holiday x