PDA

View Full Version : Days out

Roseolivia
27-07-2011, 09:16 AM
We're off to train museum next week and new mindee has booked in an extra day on that day.

Question is: When we go on outings are we meant to get written permission for each outing or is it just good practice to?

AliceK
27-07-2011, 10:00 AM
I don't get any written permission for trips out. On the contracts it gives me permission and I usually mention to parents if we have something planned but I don't get individual permission as such and never in writing. Should I?? :blush:

xxxxx

murrayspud
27-07-2011, 10:12 AM
hmm I hadn't thought of that - if we have to get individual permission - what would you do if one parent said their child couldn't take part in a trip to the train museum for example? Would you not go?

Obviously, there will be some things that, as a parent, they may have objections to their child taking part in, for cultural, religious or other reasons which need to be taken into account.

Something to think about :huh:

Kathryn x

green puppy
27-07-2011, 12:01 PM
I use mm contracts and they state that if a parent does not want their child to go on an outing they may be required to find alternative care for that day.

Roseolivia
27-07-2011, 03:56 PM
Thanks for the replies, i've never got permission for each trip but thought i may start. Think it may be too much unnecessary paperwork though.

pinkbutterfly
27-07-2011, 04:23 PM
The permission is meant to be for each and every outing. It includes regular trips to library, stay and play etc as well as special days out. For the regular trips I have a blanket permission so they only sign it once. For other trips like to Legoland or a museum where we would have to go out of our way to get there I do separate permissions and RAs. This is what they do at schools too ... I have to sign a separate permission for every outing they do with them ... even if I do not have to pay or they just walk there. I do not sign permissions for every swimming trip they do ... as they go every week and I just signed one at the beginning ....

loocyloo
27-07-2011, 05:08 PM
i just have permission for mindees to go out and about with me!

i usually tell parents my plans ( but sometimes they are on the spur of the moment ) i stopped asking parents to contribute ( or permission ) as i had one mum who would have said she didn't think XYZ was suitable or appropiate, so i never gave her the opportunity to deny us or anyone else going on a particular trip!

at school i had to give permission for the school trip & going on a coach, but other than that, i have signed a form giving the school permission to take my children out & about on educational activities. the number of times i look out of my window and notice one of my children walking past with their class on their way somewhere !!!! i'm amazed anyone is ever in school !!! :laughing:

Dragonfly
27-07-2011, 06:59 PM
[QUOTE=loocyloo;961195]i just have permission for mindees to go out and about with me!

Yep me too, one signing at the start saying i can take the children out by car/public transport :thumbsup: