PDA

View Full Version : Ive lost my mindee

devoncm
05-05-2008, 06:20 PM
Hi guys, not been on for while as no net-glad got it back now tho. anyway to the point, i lost my main mindee last week, let me fill you in the picture- i have him every day at 8am and leave my house by 8.20 to get my ds to school, anyway 8 oclock now show, 8.25 get phonecall from mindees grandmother that he wont be coming til 12.15 as the mum forgot i moved and couldnt find house, my ds was late for school anyhow let her know that she will still be charged for the time and will see him time said. 12.25 ringing to see where she is with child as got to leave at 12.30 for other ds for nursery, she turns up at12.30 and ds late, she says she will pick him up at 2 and bring him back at 4, i pop to a mates house to use her landline to sort out usual stuff to be changed when movingas mindee asleep anyway and i get a call from mum at 1.25saying she outside my house and where am i, i explained and she come round where i was for him and as my friend was holding him as he was crying - in full view of me the mum goes off on one saying she will not pay me for the time i did have him as she saw someone else with him and he will not be returning- as im looking thru contract to see what notice to be given i realise i missed that bit out and was left blank!im so annoyed at myself for missing such an important part in contract, he was my rent paid and now were struggling again, my other mindees have ended as that was tempory and i just get one after school.
As we have just moved our kitchen was a right state when moved in only few cupboards with doors hanging off and horrid floor cos the stains all over and i think that if i advertise again any prospective parents will take one look at it and walk back out the door!!
ive been so disheatened about it all i even rang up a nursery that were advertising but thats apprentiship towards nvq2 and £80 pw for 40 hours sorry but im not doing that when my mindee was 16 hrs for the same,and isnt everyone suppose to be heading towards level 3?
anyway rant over im sure something will come up.

SimplyLucy
05-05-2008, 07:09 PM
Oh Marie, what a nightmare. Give DISC a ring tomorrow and make sure all your details are up to date.

There is a referral system in our area too, they help people find childcare for mums that want to go back to school, or find a job etc, I'll do my best to find the leaflet so you can ring the lady and put your vaccancies on her list.

Might also be worth ringing the Trio person for Exmouth, just to let her know what happened, she might have some ideas of how to fill the spaces.

Lucy.

Alibali
05-05-2008, 07:14 PM
Oh Marie how awful for you, and at such a busy time in your life too. She sounds really unreasonable. I hope you get your spaces filled really soon.

Ali x

sarah707
05-05-2008, 07:40 PM
I am really sorry to hear this... it's not fair and you could do without it when you are moving.

I am glad you didn't touch the nursery job though - that's slave labour! No way should you be doing that!

Good luck with the advertising :D

angeldelight
07-05-2008, 11:07 AM
Sorry to hear this hope you are ok

Good luck

Angel xx

mum2three
07-05-2008, 11:29 AM
Oh wot a nightmare !!
keep your chin up though something will def come up and one day you will laugh at this I promise !
:thumbsup:
xx

devoncm
07-05-2008, 12:59 PM
Thanks everyone. Im starting to think it was a blessing in disguise as ive been ill since friday night and would rather stay close to bathroom( to vomit) instead of watching a crawler everywhere!!!

While being ill and having time on my hands i did make a very good leaflet yesterday-now just waithing for oh to get photocopies from work, he forgot last night but cant blame him he ended up having to be a driver of artic lorry last night for couple hours and almost crashed he was so tired!! im hoping tonight so can get them out tomorrow

Bevbeetle
07-05-2008, 01:21 PM
you cant please some parents ! sometimes you wonder why you do the job ! hope you fill your spaces soon telephone local schools if they have new parents starting they could pass your details on ( i have had afew this way )

miffy
07-05-2008, 02:04 PM
Sorry to hear about this Marie

Hope you'll soon be feeling better and your leaflet brings you some new business

miffy xx