PDA

View Full Version : Had my phonecall

xgemx
26-07-2011, 04:45 PM
Prospect rung and as im going away on holiday friday for 2 weeks she is going to come on the 15th August, im full of excitement and nerves too, my house isnt the biggest and i keep thinking she will look and think no way as its small

Going to take my preparing for visit book and laptop on holiday (well visiting family in another country so sort of holiday hehe) as the kids will be occupied by relatives and i can relax in the fields and make sure im upto scratch with everything

Just a couple of questions for when she is here

My 3 year old comes and goes as he pleases from garden to front room and plays in his bedroom, obviously i wouldnt let a mindee do this and would supervise garden play etc do i explain this to her or maybe stop my little one doing this for the day

Will she tell me on the day if i can be registered or not

In peoples experience how long are they there for

Thank you

Xx

jane5
26-07-2011, 05:43 PM
My 3 year old comes and goes as he pleases from garden to front room and plays in his bedroom, obviously i wouldnt let a mindee do this and would supervise garden play etc do i explain this to her or maybe stop my little one doing this for the day

Will she tell me on the day if i can be registered or not

In peoples experience how long are they there for

Thank you

Xx

I would let your child behave as normal otherwise he may misbehave if you change things. As long as you can see or hear him at all time but maybe not let him play in his bedroom alone if it is upstairs.

I risk assess each child and decide how much freedom they are allowed. my 15 month old mindee is never left alone and he comes to the loo with me or is strapped in a high chair but the 4 year old can be left for 2 mins while I nip to the loo.

I think my inspector was there for about 1 1/2 hours and they tell you whether you will be registered and if there was a problem they give you an action plan and I think they give you a time limit to sort things.

Good luck :thumbsup:

xgemx
26-07-2011, 06:03 PM
Ok thanks, the garden is fully enclosed and completely safe this is why i have no problem with him accessing it as he wishes he has got used to it, the bedroom he is normally in upstairs when im upstairs tidying up etc so no doubt he wouldnt go up there when she is here

Another question im assuming they are crb checked so if i need to go and help my little one in the toilet i can leave my other son in the front room with her and maybe explain i know she is crb checked and i wouldnt leave a mindee in a room with someone i had in my home

Wow the panic has set in lol :eek:

miffy
26-07-2011, 07:52 PM
You will be fine - have a lovely holiday and good luck for 15th August

Miffy xx