PDA

View Full Version : 5 year old

HMT81
26-07-2011, 02:34 PM
This is going to sound really silly, but what do I need to do with a 5 year old? lol
I have only looked after under 3's before and I have a 5 year old starting soon. He's coming for a couple of mornings a week during the holidays, and then a couple of days a week before and after school. With me not having him for long at a time, do I still have to do observations etc and planned activities?

pinkbutterfly
26-07-2011, 02:36 PM
Is he 5 already and going to year 1 in September? If that's the case I wouldn't bother with anything .... as from September he will be KS1 (Key Stage 1) not EYFS anymore.

HMT81
26-07-2011, 02:40 PM
Yes he turned 5 last month so I presume he will be going into year 1. So do we not have to do obs etc when they turn 5? sorry for sounding stupid, just having one of those days! lol

pinkbutterfly
26-07-2011, 02:46 PM
In theory you should do obs and planning until August 31st after his 5th birthday ... so until the end of next month. But since he's new at yours and there is so little time left there is hardly any point starting now ... but if it makes you feel better you can ;)