PDA

View Full Version : Work experience?

HMT81
26-07-2011, 02:28 PM
A friend of mine has asked if her 14 year old daughter could do some work experience with me over the holidays as she is going to be doing a childcare course. I was just wondering if I am allowed to.

rickysmiths
26-07-2011, 02:56 PM
As sshe is only 14 you would need to check with your insurer. I suspect you will need Employees insurance to cover her even though you are not paying her.

If you are with MM it is included with your Pub Lib Ins but you may be required to inform them.

If you are with NCMA you will need to ring and get one it costs £5-10.

Oh and as she will not have a CRB then she will not be left alone with the children

HMT81
26-07-2011, 03:13 PM
As sshe is only 14 you would need to check with your insurer. I suspect you will need Employees insurance to cover her even though you are not paying her.

If you are with MM it is included with your Pub Lib Ins but you may be required to inform them.

If you are with NCMA you will need to ring and get one it costs £5-10.

Oh and as she will not have a CRB then she will not be left alone with the children

That's great, thanks

appleblossom
26-07-2011, 05:44 PM
My DS wanted to do Work Experience with a CM friend of mine but the organisers said Work Experience placements can only be in a workplace with at least 2 other employees so he couldn't. It may be worth checking if there are any similar regulations in place.

HMT81
26-07-2011, 06:21 PM
My DS wanted to do Work Experience with a CM friend of mine but the organisers said Work Experience placements can only be in a workplace with at least 2 other employees so he couldn't. It may be worth checking if there are any similar regulations in place.

It's not an organised work experience, she just wants to come and help out to get some experience

miffy
26-07-2011, 07:42 PM
I would also ask the children's parents if they were happy with it and think about what her "duties" might be - would she be involved in personal care etc?

Miffy xx

HMT81
26-07-2011, 07:56 PM
I would also ask the children's parents if they were happy with it and think about what her "duties" might be - would she be involved in personal care etc?

Miffy xx

My mindees are all friends children, and they all know the 14 year old well.