PDA

View Full Version : business name!

mandynunn84
26-07-2011, 02:11 PM
i was wondering how many of you use your own name and how many use a business name and wether it makes a difference to your business...

my husband is a soldier and we move around every 3-5 yrs im thinking of something soldier related but cant think what!!! was thinking "little soldiers" but i dont think it sounds right!! or "small sappers" (hubbys is an engineers and they are known as sappers) HELP! LOL xx

HMT81
26-07-2011, 02:37 PM
I think Little Soldiers sounds great! I am completely unimaginative and have called myself Hannah's Childminding Service! lol

Chimps Childminding
26-07-2011, 05:30 PM
I like Little Soldiers too :thumbsup:

mandynunn84
26-07-2011, 06:50 PM
i think it sounds a little too regimented so ive come up with this...
Sapplings
Sapp coming from Sapper (royal engineers nickname)
and also sapling being a young tree growing!
i know i have put another p into the correct spelling of Saplings but i think it makes it more unique

what do you think???

xxxx

miffy
26-07-2011, 07:40 PM
i know i have put another p into the correct spelling of Saplings but i think it makes it more unique

what do you think???

xxxx

Someone might think you can't spell :panic: :laughing:

I'm not sure I'd get you were a childminder just from the name itself.

Miffy xx

mandynunn84
26-07-2011, 07:53 PM
sorry i ment to say it would have childminding after the name!!

"Sapplings childminding"

hmmmm maybe your right re spelling, but the majority of children i will be minding are army children and i cant base my business name on location or anytihng as i move every 3-5 yrs!

xx

Eddisonsmum
26-07-2011, 07:59 PM
I like little soldiers. Saplings just doesn't sound friendly enough to me, sorry x

time_4_change
26-07-2011, 08:15 PM
I like the idea behind sapplings, its thoughtful, but little soliders does sound more friendly ... how about you still use little in the name?

I am having the same problem ... i want to be unique and come up with a business name ... but struggling too :eek:

i notice you are at the pre-reg stage, how are you finding it?

Leanne x

mandynunn84
26-07-2011, 08:35 PM
maybe "little sapplings" then... i dunno lol!!! its so hard to pick something that means something to me but is still childfriendly!!

Leanne im not finding it too bad, all my paperwork is with ofsted, i passed my first aid on friday, just got 2 more tasks on my cypop 5 to go (which i must say has been alot harder then i thought it would be!!!) my house is pretty safe and secure anyway as i have a 5 yr old and a 2 yr old and also a dog... ive written all my policys and made my portfolio just got 2 make some daily diarys, visitor book, record attendance and journals... then get insurance an im done!! then just got to sit an wait!! i dont think ive done that bad to say i only went on my pre reg brief in may... hoping to start in sept as i already have a list of mindees and a waiting list!!! fingers crossed im not waiting forever for my cypop5 to be marked an ofsted to come out!! xx

time_4_change
26-07-2011, 10:14 PM
it sounds like you will be done in no time :) ...

I have got to send my CRB off had it since 16th lol ... I have been delayed trying to find my ''suitable person'' for ID checks ... my husband only been in his new job for 9 month (and you need to have known someone for 2yr) and I can not ask my MD as they don't know i may be leaving to become a minder - been trying to get hold of local vicar and keep missing each other, asked neighbour in the end who is a retired nurse :rolleyes: lol ...... Got most policies done, need to proof read them all, got daily diary to sort, odd poster, menu and a few other bits. I have decided to use NCMA contracts and accounts book.

I have a 1yr old so my house pretty much sorted.

Why do you want to become a childminder?

Little snapplings childminding service :thumbsup:

Leanne x

time_4_change
26-07-2011, 10:16 PM
sorry half asleep *sapplings

mandynunn84
26-07-2011, 10:32 PM
i am a hairdresser by trade, however childcare is SO expensive so had to leave, i have a 5yr old daughter and a 2yr old son and to be honest i felt pretty guilty being at work and having so much time away from them! this way im the one being paid for expensive childcare, i get to see my children everyday and dont feel guilty for working and i absolutly love children, id have atleast 2 more of my own if hubby would let me but he says no more!!

what is your reasons for going into childminding??
luckily for my my hubby is in the army and we have been here just over 2yrs so i got one of the soldiers we know to do our id check forms... my health check was ****** expensive £98 an it consisted of 11 ticks and 14 words what a joke!!

are you going to use ncma insurance? i think i am, i know ive read alot about micheal morton but i tihnk im gonna stick with ncma an use their contracts and accounts! oh also i need to do my risk assesments!!

right chic, im off to bed im so tired my eyes are stinging an my lil man has a thing for 5am at the mo!! :( xxx

angeldelight
27-07-2011, 05:50 AM
So what name have you decided on then ?

I like little Soldiers

Angel xx

mama2three
27-07-2011, 06:51 AM
I do like the saplings idea , just not the spelling. I would stick with the correct spelling - Military families would still 'get' the connection whilst other families wouldnt be put off by the spelling mistake. It would put me off , sorry.

Or how about Toy Soldiers?

QualityCare
27-07-2011, 12:11 PM
I like Little Saplings Childminding or how about Mandys Little Soldiers

mandynunn84
27-07-2011, 02:17 PM
So what name have you decided on then ?

I like little Soldiers

Angel xx

think im gonna go away an think about it for a few days.... LOL x will keep you posted tho!! xx