PDA

View Full Version : I have done away with my playroom

miss mopple
25-07-2011, 08:39 PM
And my house feels like a home again :clapping: :clapping:

Ok so I now have a corner of toys in the lounge and a set of trofast in my dining room but I can live with that :thumbsup:

Its all in the name of trying to sell the house, but I am loving the feel of it now and even if we take it off the market I think I will stick with it this way :thumbsup: I am decluttering like mad, have taken all the bright posters etc down and it looks so much better :clapping: :clapping:

Just thought Id share so those without playrooms can see the grass isnt always greener :D

ajs
25-07-2011, 10:02 PM
I'm just about to do this too. We are knocking from the kitchen into what was my playroom so the playroom is going to be shared with the office

little daisies
26-07-2011, 05:38 AM
ive recently moved i had a huge playroom i decluttered big time i now have trofast storage units in my hallway as i have a large hall and the kids get out what they want to play with then put them away theres no posters and it feels like home now i love it

angeldelight
26-07-2011, 05:43 AM
Not sure what I would do with everything if we got rid of ours :eek: :eek:

Hope you sell your house

Angel xx

Mrs Pootle
26-07-2011, 11:42 AM
:) This sounds exactly what I need to do. We are hoping to put our house on the market in the next month or so, and I really need to declutter the playroom and get it down to the bare minimum.
Good luck with selling your house :)

charleyfarley
26-07-2011, 12:00 PM
Not sure what I would do with everything if we got rid of ours :eek: :eek:

Hope you sell your house

Angel xx

Me neither :eek: :eek:

Although I do need to declutter but it's having the time and energy to do it :D

Carol xx

miss mopple
26-07-2011, 12:53 PM
I am still on a major decluttering mission (will have lots of stuff for sale soon I expect) but its looking sooo much better now and the whole house has felt much calmer today. Whether thats just the novelty or the fact they are playing better now they have less choice and more space I'm not sure, but whatever it is me likey :D

miffy
26-07-2011, 07:45 PM
I've always wanted a playroom, I think it would be great to be able to shut the door on things each night :thumbsup:

Maybe what I need to do is just get rid of some stuff!

Miffy xx

francinejayne
26-07-2011, 07:57 PM
I repainted downstairs at the weekend as I was sick of looking at grubby handprints on my walls - I've decided not to put anything on my walls again!!!
I bought an A4 plastic wallet wall hanging type thing (it's for displaying artwork), and I've put my certificate etc in there, then I hang it from a drawing pin in my kitchen door. when everyone goes home I take it down again!
And I'm not going to put any artwork on my walls again other than my own son's - I will take photo's of the other children's for my blog, then it can go home with them.

I am loving having my home back!!!