PDA

View Full Version : Being dropped off by someone other than parents?

Minstrel
25-07-2011, 07:01 PM
An aquaintence (sp?) of my husband would like me to have her children after school. Its half a mile in the opposite direction to my children's school and they both come out at the same time so she is wondering if its ok for her friend to drop them to me?

It's fine isn't it?

sarah707
25-07-2011, 07:19 PM
I don't see why no so long as the exact routine is written down including when they will arrive with you, what happens if you are not back ,what happens if the children are late out, who is responsible at what time and when your responsibilities start and end etc.

:D

miffy
25-07-2011, 07:22 PM
I don't see why no so long as the exact routine is written down including when they will arrive with you, what happens if you are not back ,what happens if the children are late out, who is responsible at what time and when your responsibilities start and end etc.

:D

What she said :D plus what will happen if ever the friend can't do the pick-up/drop-off

Miffy xx

Minstrel
25-07-2011, 07:33 PM
Fab tips and lots to think about thanks!

Where would you write this down? On a seperate sheet and attach to the contract?

miffy
25-07-2011, 07:37 PM
I would just write it down as a separate agreement which you and parents both sign and each have a copy of - just so there's no confusion.

Miffy xx

Minstrel
25-07-2011, 07:38 PM
Thanks muchly xx

nokidshere
25-07-2011, 08:22 PM
It doesn't matter who brings them to your house - only who picks them up.

The child should be booked in with you at a certain time and is only your responsibility from that time onwards. It's the parents responsibilty who their child leave their own home with. I wouldn't do anything other than give the parent a courtesy call if the child doesn't turn up at the allocated time.

nokidshere
25-07-2011, 08:24 PM
sorry misread that - but the same applies even from school. The parent is arranging it so its not your responsibility until the child is at your home.