PDA

View Full Version : Feeling really bad!!!!!

kats
25-07-2011, 03:56 PM
Hi everyone, feeling really bad at the moment have just had to terminate the contract of a child i have been minding since she was 6 months she is now 2. without going into detail i had no choice other than to terminate because i had to think of all the other children i mind and they were being affected by this childs behaviour, The parents have just been to collect all her belongings and even though i know deep down that i have done the right thing i feel so sad and guilty, i sometimes wonder if this job is for me!!!

manjay
25-07-2011, 04:16 PM
Hi everyone, feeling really bad at the moment have just had to terminate the contract of a child i have been minding since she was 6 months she is now 2. without going into detail i had no choice other than to terminate because i had to think of all the other children i mind and they were being affected by this childs behaviour, The parents have just been to collect all her belongings and even though i know deep down that i have done the right thing i feel so sad and guilty, i sometimes wonder if this job is for me!!!

Ah bless you! I think by the very fact that you are feeling so bad then this is definitely the job for you. You have made a very brave decision which although it is tough is for the benefit of all the other children in your setting.

Don't be too hard on yourself xx

debratina
25-07-2011, 04:19 PM
hi
don't feel bad. you have to look at the bigger picture. by the sounds of it you were safeguarding the other mindees.
try not to let it play on your mind even if its easier said than done. big hugs

miffy
25-07-2011, 04:55 PM
I agree with what's already been said, don't be too hard on yourself.

Miffy xx

kats
25-07-2011, 08:23 PM
Thank you all for your kind words, i will be ok in a few days its all just a bit raw at the moment :)

The Juggler
25-07-2011, 08:33 PM
you will be fine honey. I've been in exactly your position. child I had from 6 months. gave notice at 2 1/2:( I felt a sense of sadness, relief and guilt all rolled into one.

You are doing the right thing and you will feel ok soon and start enjoying your job again.:) hugsx

angeldelight
26-07-2011, 05:47 AM
Oh poor you, I had to do the same last year and you do feel awful I know

Hope you are ok, big hugs

Angel xx

kats
26-07-2011, 08:36 PM
Thank you :) xx