PDA

View Full Version : Don't forget to check out Freecycle for toys

Pauline
22-12-2007, 06:13 PM
Don't forget to check out your local Freecycle for giveaway toys.

We have just had the most fantastic result. All this was given to us by a generous Freecycler:

A beautiful rocking horse, soft plush body, wooden surround, horse sounds when you press his ear, saddle and everything. Immaculate condition.

A blow up ball pool complete with all balls - immaculate condition

5 bags of toddler toys - Fisher price, Leapfrog, early learning centre, all immaculate

1 mercedes sit and ride car - a bit muddy but otherwise immaculate

1 Little Tikes tricycle, with adult steering handle - immaculate

We are SO pleased, what a find! It's like Santa came early, I can't wait for the kids to come back after the holidays.......well almost :D

Cammie Doodle
22-12-2007, 06:16 PM
Wow what a result Pauline , We must try that
June and Carolyn:thumbsup:

Tily Bud
22-12-2007, 11:04 PM
Thanks Pauline ive just registered with my local group it looks amazing !!!

Cheryl x

LittleMissSparkles
23-12-2007, 08:42 AM
thats brilliant Paulne xxx

gemmcd
23-12-2007, 09:32 AM
I agree it's brill - I got myself a playhouse for the garden, small, but kids love it! A little tykes cozy coupe car which I use indoors as it cleaned up so well, a barbie bike for my daughter, a JCB toy work bench which was in brill condition. Had a few tools missing, but we had tools just not the bench. All the children spend hours at this! A bag of boys toys such as cars, tractors etc A little tykes road Mountain road rail set which is immaculate and a load of Bob the bulider vehicles!

Have missed out on quite a few bargains too, but somethings are just so popular ( My little tykes car was the 2nd to be advertised in the space of a few weeks - I had missed out on the first and was gutted, so thrilled to get this!)

So highly recommend everyone joins! I have also started giving away things that I don't want - but that's not so much now I have decided to be a childminder - just when I thought I could get rid of my baby toys I have had to hang on to them!!! I did give a very grateful lady a huge bag of girls clothes though.

Gemmax

sarah707
23-12-2007, 11:49 AM
I think I'd better look into this in the New Year - it's passed me by a bit I think!
Thanks Pauline!

carolinel
23-12-2007, 11:51 AM
I've sent an email trying to join. Have to wait and see now if I'm accepted!

LittleMissSparkles
23-12-2007, 01:54 PM
I am co owner of our local freecycle site and it is great, the main aim is to keep things out of landfills and to re cycle them amogst members. Can be an excellent way of receiving toys etc for minding x

emler
23-12-2007, 05:22 PM
Well done Pauline - you did really well!!

Emler x

angeldelight
23-12-2007, 06:41 PM
I think that is great and I am a member but never get any good bargains myself - think they have all gone by the time I get to check because I am usually here instead ha

Some one got a free dinning table and chairs from me last week though so they got a bargain

Angel xx

buildingblocks
27-12-2007, 06:09 PM
I am co owner of our local freecycle site and it is great, the main aim is to keep things out of landfills and to re cycle them amogst members. Can be an excellent way of receiving toys etc for minding x

Susan I am right in thinking you cannot donate useless items. Any ideas where I can advertise one useless hubby!!!!!

LittleMissSparkles
27-12-2007, 06:14 PM
Susan I am right in thinking you cannot donate useless items. Any ideas where I can advertise one useless hubby!!!!!

LOL what he done now Kate !!!! xxx

buildingblocks
27-12-2007, 06:23 PM
Exist !!!!!

charleyfarley
27-12-2007, 07:01 PM
:ROFL1:
Exist !!!!!:ROFL1:

Well done Pauline on your goodies

Hope I'm just as lucky now I've registered

Carol xxx

carolinel
28-12-2007, 10:24 PM
I'm still waiting to see if they'll accept me.:mad:

mrsbumbles
07-01-2008, 09:12 PM
Ive just put a 'wanted' add on freecycle for a buggyboard, and five minutes ago i got offered one,the type you can sit on or stand on, how fab is that? I have given things away on this site but never received anything before, im collecting it tomorrow morning, Im chuffed to bits.

fionamal
08-01-2008, 11:11 AM
I love freecylce. I hate throwing things out especially when they are in great condition so before Xmas I had a huge clearout and managed to get rid of everything within 2 days. It was fab.

I also managed to aquire a pine and pink dressing table for my daughter which actually matches her wardrope and chest of drawers. It was almost new and she loves it.

deeb66
08-01-2008, 08:53 PM
Will have to give it a try!

nat1664
09-01-2008, 04:40 PM
I have had some great bits from freecycle....., Im off to pick some thing up tonight actually :)
x

squiggle
09-01-2008, 05:15 PM
i only joined yesterday and have got three things to pick up tomorrow. All things for the garden - a sandpit, wendy house, toddler climbing frame and slide.

Glad i joined after i read about freecycle on here

Jen x

Tily Bud
09-01-2008, 05:20 PM
Thanks Pauline

Ive now joined my two local groups

Cheryl x

deeb66
09-01-2008, 07:00 PM
i only joined yesterday and have got three things to pick up tomorrow. All things for the garden - a sandpit, wendy house, toddler climbing frame and slide.

Glad i joined after i read about freecycle on here

Jen x

That is excellent....I will definately have to have a look!!!

Spangles
09-01-2008, 07:01 PM
You did really well Jen!

I keep looking but either I'm not fast enough or nothing I want comes on. I'll keep looking though.

Funny some things that are offered and wanted! Someone wants a Sinclair C5 today!

nat1664
09-01-2008, 07:13 PM
Very happy to report the barbie caravan I just collect is in top condition, hardley looks like its been played with ....... RESULT :clapping:

Nat

x

squiggle
09-01-2008, 07:17 PM
i was cheeky and put a wanted advert on there. got to sort some things out to 'offer' on there now. my daughter had a few bits for the garden last year but she was still so little. i was very surprised with the responses i got.

Jen x