View Full Version : Maternity allowance advice

25-07-2011, 10:42 AM
I'm a newly registered childminder and am expecting my second child next February, I just wondered if anyone knew how and where I would claim Statutory Maternity Pay from. I would guess I would need to be registered to be paying NI but not sure how I do this. Any advice would be great, thanks

The Juggler
25-07-2011, 11:00 AM
have a look on direct.gov.uk for advice on SMP hon but for paying NI you need to call up the tax office and register.

congratulations on No. 2!

25-07-2011, 11:39 AM
Im currently on SMP, as long as you register as self employed and continue to pay your NI, you can claim it from the Job Centre. Ring H M Revenue or you can register on.

Congrats on baby no 2, i've just had baby no 3!!
Hope this helps :-)

25-07-2011, 06:45 PM
Thanks for your replies, i was going to call Job Centre Plus but thought it wasn't right. I do it tomorrow. Thanks again x:)