PDA

View Full Version : Late mindees

snufflepuff
25-07-2011, 07:50 AM
Sibling mindees were due at 8am, other mindee due at 8.30am. It's now 8.50am. I wonder when they will arrive! The siblings have never been earlier than 8.30am but I obviously have to be up and ready for 8am anyway, just incase they do get here on time. So frustrating, I could have stayed in bed!

Shouldn't moan really!

karensmart4
25-07-2011, 07:52 AM
Annoying though isn't it :(

I'd rather they're picked up early ;)

Bananabrain
25-07-2011, 07:53 AM
I find it a pain in the holidays too.
Especially if we are going out.

Rubybubbles
25-07-2011, 07:54 AM
I always found this when I had school age mindies! Make a cuppa while you wait!

Mouse
25-07-2011, 07:59 AM
I have to be honest, it's one of those things that doesn't bother me.

I had a mindee due at 8am, but they're not here yet. Parents know what time I'm going out and that if they're not here by that time I'll go without them!

It's the ones who try to drop off early that annoy me.

snufflepuff
25-07-2011, 08:17 AM
It's the ones who try to drop off early that annoy me.

I agree, much worse if they are early!

They arrived at 8.51 and 8.57 in the end. My DS has taken to peering out the window waiting for them.

The siblings almost always leave 15-30 minutes early too!

rickysmiths
25-07-2011, 08:28 AM
The one I have today was due at 8.30 had text and voice mail yesterday pm saying they wanted to drop at 7,30am! Never done this before and they are only here today until 2.30.

Friday is last day mum told me last Friday he won't be with me until 1pm, doing settling in at the Day Nursery he is going to from next week!! Could that of not happened on the 3 days he isn't with me this week?:rolleyes: I said he will have had his lunch won't he? I do mine at 12 and she said after hesitation yes so I assume Nursery will not be giving him lunch :rolleyes:

flowerpots
25-07-2011, 08:31 AM
Friday i got up at 5.30 and got ready for mindee to arrive at 6, dad strolled through the front door at 9.30, i wasnt pleased!

atmkids
25-07-2011, 08:34 AM
I really struggled to wake up at 6.30 this morning but forced myself as I had a brother and sister due at 7.30. They didn't turn up until 9 and it may sound silly but the fact that I didn't get an apology has put me in a bit of a mood for the day. Better try and snap out of it me thinks :blush:

mushpea
25-07-2011, 09:01 AM
i make sure I tell the parents what time we are going out then if they dont turn up in time for us to go I go anyway and they either have to miss out or find me,, I got so sick of waiting for people to turn up and its not fair on the other children to make them late going somwhere either.

Mouse
25-07-2011, 10:27 AM
Friday i got up at 5.30 and got ready for mindee to arrive at 6, dad strolled through the front door at 9.30, i wasnt pleased!

Having said it doesn't bother me if they're late, I have to say, that would annoy me!

My earliest start is 8am and I don't mind being up and ready then for them not to arrive on time. But I wouldn't be happy being up & ready for 6am and them then not arriving. That's just bad manners :panic:

izzy23
28-10-2011, 07:57 AM
Tell me about this issue. Grrrr. My 3 siblings that I look after weren't here from Tues to Yesterday as their mum bothered to inform me on Friday last week when she picked them up. They are off to various rellies you see during the hols.....fine fair enough, never mind all the activities I'd planned for half term, still I can live with that as long as the fees get paid as agreed. But they were supposed to be back today. So i'm up at 6am for 6.45 am start. Gets to 8.30, no sign of them, have texted mum, no reply. Now worrying that fees will not appear also and whether actually something more shady is going on and the kids will not come back at all. SO ANGRY. Not for me, I get up early anyway and I'd rather work and keep busy, but I told my LO who was roused at 6.35 am and she gets all excited about her friends coming back (she actually attends the same class in Reception as one of the siblings.
Not the first time something like this has happened, & tbh this family have been problematic for the whole 18 months I have worked for them and of course am stressing about whether this is going to be Worst Case Scenario. In the past I've been pretty amenable about this sort of thing but now I feel like sending a stern worded letter to mum, esp of my pay doesnt appear :panic:

How would you deal with it?

Maza
28-10-2011, 08:18 AM
If they are very late that would annoy me, it's inconsiderate. My mindees are due at 8 but get here at 8.30ish every day. Very occasionally they catch me out and arrive at 8. The house is ready but I'm usually taking advantage of the quiet and watching the news with a cuppa, or trying to stop DD from messing up and making the house look like a bomb site. They can do that the minute the parents are out of the door!

mufftie
28-10-2011, 09:04 AM
it annoys me aswel as i have to leave the house at 8:10 in the mornings to do the school run , so if theyre late it means i have to go in the car which is often more effort , late this week would be nice though as no school run :rolleyes:

blue bear
28-10-2011, 02:00 PM
[QUOTE=mufftie;1002433]it annoys me aswel as i have to leave the house at 8:10 in the mornings to do the school run , so if theyre late it means i have to go in the car

I wouldn't wait for them, just set off and let them catch you up.

Lilylulu
28-10-2011, 05:23 PM
we set off too, if they aren't there on time and it affects our plans, especially if they are a frequent offender, they soon learn some respect and manners and start to let us know if they know they may arrive late and check our plans :)