PDA

View Full Version : Need some help please...

jw19nr
04-05-2008, 11:18 PM
Hello. I have too many questions to keep opening indervidual posts!

- I have filled in my application etc but only just realised I need to take my form to the doctors. Can I send off my application now and then do the medical one during the week or even next week?

- Do I really need to sit and read all of the national standard books?

- How do I find out what prices I should be charging for my local area?

- My garden shed door is awful, our house is rented so I don't want to spend loads on things that I won't be taking with me when I move out. The door has broken glass at the top - obviously I will remover that, but will I need to fill it with anything or can i just leave it empty? And the wood is rotten and damaged at the bottom, will this be a problem? Any ideas on how to quickly fix without spending much money?

- I also need to secure the garden. it has a fence down either side and a small shed at the bottom (about half the width of the garden). However there is no fence between the fence and the shed. Any ideas for a quick fix to secure it, without much DIY? I am rubbish with DIY and don't really have anybody to do it for me. Also want to keep the cost of it down. Was wondering if there was any fence type thing that is small (but big enough to stop children) but that just digs in the ground and can be moved easily?

- My lawn is quite uneven, will this be an issue with ofsted?

Sorry for the long post, but could really do with the advice!

sarah707
05-05-2008, 08:06 AM
Hello. I have too many questions to keep opening indervidual posts!

- I have filled in my application etc but only just realised I need to take my form to the doctors. Can I send off my application now and then do the medical one during the week or even next week?

I can't see why not

- Do I really need to sit and read all of the national standard books?

I would - and see how you can provide evidence for each part

- How do I find out what prices I should be charging for my local area?

Check your local CIS website and see what your competition charge

- My garden shed door is awful, our house is rented so I don't want to spend loads on things that I won't be taking with me when I move out. The door has broken glass at the top - obviously I will remover that, but will I need to fill it with anything or can i just leave it empty? And the wood is rotten and damaged at the bottom, will this be a problem? Any ideas on how to quickly fix without spending much money?

You need to prove it is safe - block the holes, risk assess for dangers and put on a sturdy lock

- I also need to secure the garden. it has a fence down either side and a small shed at the bottom (about half the width of the garden). However there is no fence between the fence and the shed. Any ideas for a quick fix to secure it, without much DIY? I am rubbish with DIY and don't really have anybody to do it for me. Also want to keep the cost of it down. Was wondering if there was any fence type thing that is small (but big enough to stop children) but that just digs in the ground and can be moved easily?

No idea sorry

- My lawn is quite uneven, will this be an issue with ofsted?

You need to show how you will get children outside every day and keep them safe - I would suggest you focus on that - I'm sure the inspector has seen lots of different gardens and won't worry!

Sorry for the long post, but could really do with the advice!

Hope I've helped! :D

angeldelight
07-05-2008, 11:41 AM
Good luck hope you get everything sorted

Angel xx