PDA

View Full Version : Being soft about bank holiday fees?!

snufflepuff
24-07-2011, 07:55 PM
I have 2 siblings who come Mondays only for 8 hours. My contracts state that full fees are payable for bank holidays, or double fees if they need me to work. I'm just doing my August invoices and feeling a bit guilty about charging this family £56 for the bank holiday- that's alot of money to pay for nothing. I was thinking of charging them half instead. Would that be silly of me? Are they likely to start taking advantage in the future because of this? Am I just being soft?!

I don't think they will need me to work- both parents work some bank holidays but they won't want to pay double fees so will use family instead or book the time off.

blue bear
24-07-2011, 09:05 PM
Once you start giving discounts you set a presidence for future bank holidays. I would put full fee on the invoice then if they ask I would negotiate a one off discount on this I occasion making it clear it's a one off.

rickysmiths
24-07-2011, 10:40 PM
I am willing to work Bank Holidays with 4 weeks notice and the payment of double my normal fee, triple for Christmas and New Year. If the parents don't want to use me they pay their normal fee for the day.

The Juggler
25-07-2011, 07:37 AM
as long as you make it clear that you will charge double for BOTH children if they use you I don't see the problem with offering the half fee discount if they don't.:thumbsup: