PDA

View Full Version : thinking of selling my phil &teds and getting

sarahstanbridge
24-07-2011, 05:35 PM
a jane powertwin instead. has anyone had both and is powertwin good? trouble with phil and teds is when i go out and little ones fall asleep neither look very comfortable as i cant recline either seets enough also i have had trouble fitting buggyboard on the back if i had a 3rd child thats not a great walker. needs to be tamden style as side by sides dodnt fit easally through my front door. recommendation needed please thanks sarah

snufflepuff
24-07-2011, 05:45 PM
I have a jane powertwin and i'd like a phil and teds! Shame you don't live closer to me or we could do a swap!
I do like the powertwin- I love that both children have plenty of space, the shopping basket is a good size, it's easy to push (getting harder with two 30lb toddlers in it though!) and I can fit a buggy board on the back. My main reason for wanting a phil and teds is that we want to get a smaller car and the powertwin is fairly big when folded so might not fit in a smaller boot- especially with all the other kit we need to carry around. I'd like a phil and teds because it can be used as a single and a double- so no need for any extra buggies.

WibbleWobble
24-07-2011, 05:58 PM
i have both!

pros P&T

one buggy...so many ways!
easy to push with one hand
good for my back(jane can be quite heavy if you have a biggun in the front.)
looks good! and its in black...my signature colour (i know this is shallow)
one child can lie flat if the double is on the top riding shotgun

cons P&T

the one underneath sits with feet in basket
cant lie that child flat

pros jane

good shopping basket

cons jane

heavy.
long
can only lie child at back flat but its legs will be bent as in sitting
need a single buggy when i have one child

mandy xx

sweets
24-07-2011, 06:08 PM
i have a powertwin and its great but i only live in a tiny house with little storage so i want to swap it and my baby jogger city elite so that i have just one pram to store.

i was going to go for a phil and teds but dont really like them, what i really want is a baby jogger city select which looks perfect BUT they are expensive :(

will wait till one comes up on ebay near me :thumbsup:

(the powertwin is a really good pram, both children get a good view, the basket is good, can fit a buggy board on, can be pushed with one hand. I think it folds up fairly compact for a double especcialy if you take the back wheels which pop off easily, makes it lighter to lift too!)

PixiePetal
24-07-2011, 07:59 PM
I have a Jane twin two for sale. It is not a good one for putting in car as bulky when folded and has 4 wheels not 3. Back seat lies flat, front seat enough for sleep, can get a 'surfer board' for back but I never had one. I love it, but now live on a farm and needed something better for off road so got a mountain buggy

I also have P&T so I can get on the village bus :rolleyes: , even though I don't really like it, does the job

In East Sussex if interested.

jadavi
08-04-2012, 04:14 PM
why don't you like p and t PixiePetal?

mummyof3
08-04-2012, 04:19 PM
I really don't like my jane powertwin. I find it too bulky and also if one child is slightly heavier than the other it tips over!

desiderata
08-04-2012, 04:35 PM
I had a jane powertwin but didnt like it x I found it tipped with heavier children in and the child I had at the front actually got his foot caught in the front wheel . x I love my baby jogger elite double x

jane5
08-04-2012, 08:20 PM
I had a jane power twin and didnt like it, my wrists and forearms ached with pushing it because it was heavy with 2 toddlers in. They used to ache all the time not just when I was pushing it and this stopped a couple of months after selling it :rolleyes:, also the seat at the front hardly lay down at all and the lo in the back used to pull the hood on the front and was able to reach and pull the lo sat in the front.

I sold it and got a p & t and although it is not perfect it is the lightest double I have used and the most convenient and I prefer it to any other I have had.

I have had an icandy pear, an out and about double nipper and I still have an ABC triple and the p & t is the best option for me to store and for getting into shops ect...

PixiePetal
08-04-2012, 08:37 PM
why don't you like p and t PixiePetal?

Don't really like one child underneath. Small basket - could get panniers but then wider on bus. Cant lay both seats flat.

It is still the best option for me to get out on the bus with 2 mindees safely though. I have my mountain buggy terrain double for around the fields here :thumbsup: 2 wide seats which lie down :)

jadavi
09-04-2012, 09:24 AM
Is the buggy pod not an option with the p and t? Too pricey?