PDA

View Full Version : Would you avoid?

IsabellaB
24-07-2011, 04:13 PM
I have a woman who contacted me via childcare.co.uk on Friday to discuss her return to work "early August", she had just set up the account and has not logged on since Friday,

I have alarm bells going off in my head and just wondered if I was just too organised when I had my daughter and needed to organise childcare, I started looking about 5 months before, not the week before. Just a bit paranoid about what she will be like if she leaves this bit so late............

What is the normal timescale for 1st contact?

jaja
24-07-2011, 04:15 PM
I had two sets, one set met me on the saturday and then dropped child off full time on the monday morning, the other spent 4 weeks settling hers in but had contact with me for 9 months, depends on the parents xxx

miffy
24-07-2011, 04:15 PM
It varies - some people make enquiries before the baby is born others leave it until the last minute.

If you're interested in the job then meet her and make up your mind from there.

Miffy xx

onceinabluemoon
24-07-2011, 04:19 PM
I've had a parent come on the Sunday and for care to begin on the Monday, and other times it has been arranged even before the child was born...

Everybody is different.

Just meet up with them and make your mind up from there. x

love381
24-07-2011, 04:34 PM
I would do as the others have said and meet her first. I know some parents are more 'organised' than others and get their childcare sorted months in advance, but you don't know her circumstances.

I'm going to look after my friends baby soon, very soon and that was only discussed and organised on Friday! The thing is, her mum was going to do it for her and for free, but her mum told her on Friday morning that she'd been having job interviews and has got a job starting on Monday, she never even told my friend that she was looking for a job.

Perhaps she had childcare sorted and it's been let down! x

peanuts
24-07-2011, 08:46 PM
ive been asked to start the next day, the childs first day at primary school too.