PDA

View Full Version : Help with wording

handeme
24-07-2011, 03:10 PM
I am wanting to change the terms of my contract to include up to three training days per year but I am struggling how to word it.

Basically I wanting to say I will take up to 3 days per year training and these will be taken at full pay due to fact the training is to benefit your child.

Can anyone help?

c x

miffy
24-07-2011, 04:02 PM
I've never done this, I usually do my training at weekends or in the evening - the most I've ever asked is for parents to pick up children half an hour early so I could get to a course.

I think it would be great if I could get paid time off to do courses but I don't think parents would be that impressed at paying for it, especially if they also have to fund alternative care for the day.

Miffy xx

QualityCare
24-07-2011, 04:51 PM
l would be inclined to say;

l will have x days (23 depending on how many you have now) holiday each year, 3 days will be taken as odd days for training courses and as they will be of benefit to the children in my care these days will be paid for at the usual rate. (If you charge for holidays obviously the last part doesn't apply).
Hope this makes sense.

handeme
24-07-2011, 05:17 PM
I dont take paid time off, all my time off holidays etc are unpaid. All of the training I want to attend is during the week daytime and I feel as though I am going to loose money for doing something that benefits their children.

c x

QualityCare
24-07-2011, 08:46 PM
Still take your unpaid leave but make it clear that in addition to the weeks you take you will have 3 extra days paid training days added onto your leave, new parents will accept this but you may have a job convincing your existing ones unless you know them well enough to understand that your doing it to the benefit of their child.

Babycat
25-07-2011, 12:36 AM
To meet ongoing requirements for professional practice 3 training sessions a year at full pay will be added to your contract. These sessions will benefit all children in my care as my current skills and knowledge will be developed for future practice.

id put something like this? no debate, it is what it is lol start with: im giving notice for? end with please feel free to contact me with regards to? maybe detail of how far in advance they may know?

FussyElmo
25-07-2011, 06:11 AM
I dont take paid time off, all my time off holidays etc are unpaid. All of the training I want to attend is during the week daytime and I feel as though I am going to loose money for doing something that benefits their children.

c x

Some parents wont see the training as benefitting their child but only benefitting you.

Personally as yourself I dont charge for any of my time off so I dont think I would be introducing paid time off for this. The parent would have to either paid double for childcare or use a days holiday theirselves.

However its your business you charge what you want.