PDA

View Full Version : Toys

handeme
24-07-2011, 10:40 AM
I have Ofsted visiting tomorrow and I dont have the luxury of a play room nor do I have all my toys out on display.

My question is what would Mrs O be happy with out to play with toy wise?

I was thinking car garage and cars, musical instruments, large box of misc toys, kitchen and play food etc, animals and people, wooden jigsaws and mega blocks board?

Hopefully the weather will remain dry so we can play out doors so shouldn't have to worry too much.

c x

Mouse
24-07-2011, 10:50 AM
What would you normally have out?

Just stick to your normal routine. Tell her that you do have other toys available and explain how the children access these (ie. do you rotate the toys, do you get them out according to your planning, do the children ask for what they want out?)

sue m
24-07-2011, 10:55 AM
Yes, agree with Mouse, stick to the usual routine. I've got a folder with photos of all the toys I have in, like a catalogue and they can choose what they want to play with.

handeme
24-07-2011, 01:30 PM
Ive detailed in my SEF what I don with my toys, rotate them and get the toys out for the children in accordance with the next steps.

One of the improvements I have put in my SEF is that I am currently on with making a 'what shall we play with today book'

c x

Mouse
24-07-2011, 01:38 PM
Ive detailed in my SEF what I don with my toys, rotate them and get the toys out for the children in accordance with the next steps.

One of the improvements I have put in my SEF is that I am currently on with making a 'what shall we play with today book'

c x

That all sounds good :thumbsup: This is one reason why I think the SEF is so important.

I would concentrate on getting out toys that you know the children will enjoy playing with, but have others on standby so that if they show any signs of boredom, you can bring something else out. Also, try for a selection that covers the main areas - something for role play, some small world play, puzzles, creative stuff, investigative, something to do with numbers, mark making etc.

handeme
24-07-2011, 01:42 PM
Thanks, I will be glad when it is this time tomorrow. Hopefully all over !!

c x

Mouse
24-07-2011, 01:44 PM
Stay calm and Good Luck!

miffy
24-07-2011, 04:08 PM

c x

That sounds fine.

Just make sure that you can show the inspector that the toys you have out follow the children's interests (do what you say on your sef you're doing)

Good luck - hope it goes well for you

Miffy xx

handeme
24-07-2011, 05:18 PM
Thank you x x