PDA

View Full Version : Unique Selling Point (USP)

Greengrass74
24-07-2011, 08:21 AM
Morning all,

There have been quite a few posts recently regarding vacancies and how hard it is at the moment to get mindees.

Fortunatly we are full but I know this can change at any time so I have been thinking about how we market our business and what we have to offer that makes parents choose us over others, in other words what is our Unique Selling Point USP.

I thought it would be a good idea to share your USP on the forum so that others may be inspired or will look at their business and what they offer and hopefully we can all keep our places full.

Our USP is that my wife has many years experience and lots of qualifications around children with special educational needs. This means that we are able to work with several differant agencies in placing child with special needs.

Katiekoo
24-07-2011, 08:40 AM
I'm a trained baby signing teacher, I use signs daily as part of our routines and I offer half hour weekly music and signing sessions if parents think it will be beneficial. So far all the parents have liked this and asked me to run thre sessions, all mindees use signs daily and parents love it.
Equally I understand that not everyone agrees with baby signing and don't push it on any parent/child. This might actually put some families off, so far I'm pretty busy :D

nokidshere
24-07-2011, 08:58 AM
My USP - if I ever thought of it in that way - is that I am totally, 100% flexible. I charge hourly for hours used. I take on the children who need an odd hour here and there, unsociable hours for parents who work shifs, or just dropping or picking up from school. Everything is included in my fees - no extras - ever.

I wash and iron clothing that gets left behind, I take in parcels for parents who are working full time, I do small errands for the parents if I can fit them into my day, I am happy to return stuff that gets left behind here in my own time. I am always happy for the parent to drop in whenever they like, I provide a shoulder for them when required and I genuinely care about their children.

Oh and I also have 35 years experience of working with under 16's and a long list of qualifications in most childcare areas, which always helps!

I'm just a regular Mary Poppins :laughing: :D

PixiePetal
24-07-2011, 11:36 AM
I guess it's my 29 years of experience as nanny and CM :) I also now live in a wonderful detached farmhouse with a huge garden so lots of space, fresh air and country walks.

I think it still just depends on what childcare is needed at the end of the day. You can't magic up families needing care and even if you are the only CM in your area, if the work is not there, you won't get it!

QualityCare
24-07-2011, 01:46 PM
Nokidshere you and l must have come out of the same mould the only difference being that l think l have 2 more years of childcare experience than you.
I childmind for the children and their families.

lfishwick
24-07-2011, 02:16 PM
Mine seems to be the fact that I am a qualified teacher with over 16 years childcare and education experience and that I have a degree in Early Years and childhood studies as well as my teaching qualification.
I also have extensive special needs experience, makaton signing to a high level , my house is fully accessible and alot of the parents like the idea that I have a designated play room that opens out onto our outdoor area.

I am also very flexible with working hours...

nokidshere
24-07-2011, 03:27 PM
Nokidshere you and l must have come out of the same mould the only difference being that l think l have 2 more years of childcare experience than you.
I childmind for the children and their families.

:D

you must be as old as me then too :laughing: :laughing:

WibbleWobble
24-07-2011, 03:50 PM
flexible working...you pay for the hours you need...non of this paying for a whole day when all you need is 8am - 2pm.

organic food - most of it home grown on our allotment - no processed foods.

24 years as a qualified nurse - can do (with refresher etc) HGT and gastrostomy feeding, tracheostomy care, epilepsy diabetes etc.

19 years experience of looking after sen children

a degree in Art and one in nursing and now working towards one in Early years

mindees are considered as family and are only banned from bedrooms - free to go from one room to another (like at home)

Apparently i am warm and caring and a nice person....but i think that may be a rumour

mandy xxxxxx