PDA

View Full Version : food

nikkiross1
23-07-2011, 12:09 PM
im going through my preparing for your visit booklet and there's a section about the food i will provide and healthy eating etc - are things such as sandwhiches or fish fingers classed as acceptable??? im really struggling with ideas and HEALTHY ideas at that, i have a 15 month old and its hard enough to think of what to feed her everyday!!! x

PixiePetal
23-07-2011, 12:20 PM
there are threads on the forum about meal ideas, I am sure, somewhere!

sandwiches are fine - vary fillings/bread and provide fruit and yogurt etc for balanced meal

fish fingers - well mine have them sometimes and chicken nugget type things (not cheap and nasty!) with rice/potato/pasta and veg for a quick meal

Greengrass74
23-07-2011, 02:19 PM
We do sandwiches, but on Brown bread, we also do wraps sometimes instead of bread. Occassionaly we will do bagels.

Jiorjiina
23-07-2011, 10:06 PM
I found this food and nutrition guide really helpful for healthy meal planning. (Hopefully its attached as a download to this post...)

Also I used the internet a lot for specific meal ideas!

flowerpots
24-07-2011, 06:17 AM
I found this food and nutrition guide really helpful for healthy meal planning. (Hopefully its attached as a download to this post...)

Also I used the internet a lot for specific meal ideas!

Thats really useful, thankyou. :thumbsup:

The Juggler
25-07-2011, 07:31 AM
hi

I do a sandwich lunch most days varying the bread, bagels, pitta's, wraps, muffins, granary.

we have omlettes and quick pasta and veg dishes, cheese on toast or beans on taost.

when I did dinners we had bolognese, mash/new potatotes, cod steaks in breadcrumbs (I used to buy these not fishfingers as more fish in them and give 1/2 one each to the littlies), we had fajitas, curries, stirfries and we did home made chicken nuggets (which are so easy to make) :thumbsup:

It's more about balance and offerign a mix and using healthy ingredients but on the odd occasion you need to use something from the freezer which you wouldn't normally - well it's not going to kill them.