PDA

View Full Version : Which 7 seater?

sillysausage
23-07-2011, 11:45 AM
I'm toying with the idea of getting a 7 seater car, but apart from a zafira I don't really know much about them. I don't even know what makes and models of cars are 7 seaters as to be honest I'm not that interested in cars (they're just a box on wheels for getting from A to B). So I would be interested in knowing what cars people have and any positives and negatives. I would also appreciate any info on how expensive they are to insure.

xgemx
23-07-2011, 11:56 AM
Are you looking for a newer one

We have a Seat Alhambra which is our newer one and very spacious with great boot which we use when we are doing a long drive (visiting family in Ireland so in the car a good few hours) and we have a Citreon Synergie which is about 10 years old again nice but i personally dont think as spacious

Really depends on your budget too as some models really hold their value

lulubelle
23-07-2011, 12:19 PM
dont go for a zafira, i have one and its a nightmare for car seats etc! you cant move the middle row of seats forward to get to back ones without unstrapping the car seats (ok if just boosters etc but nightmare for younger ones!)
also i have been told hardly any stage 2 seats fit in them properly. we were wrongly sold an unsafe seat by toys r us which my son was driven around in for almost a year! now have 2 maxi cosi tobis which fit well, dreading buying more seats for minding!

barbarella68
23-07-2011, 01:57 PM
I have a peugeot 806 with 8 seats and is brilliant. I love my car even if it is a w reg. I don't care does the job.x:)

blue bear
23-07-2011, 01:59 PM
I'm on my second v w sharan, love it, 5 seats in the back are all individual seats and come out if needed. We have two seats that have built in baby seats/boosters which are a god send.

It's great to drive just a bit wider than the average so easier to reverse into car parking spaces than drive in.

Insurance is £300 per year with Morton michel

Greengrass74
23-07-2011, 02:15 PM
DO NOT GET A ZAFIRA!!

We have a Chyrsler Grand Voyager. You get a lot of car for your money, all electric, leather seats, automatic sliding passenger doors which are a must when getting LO's in and out.

There are 2 in the middle and 3 in the back which means there is a nice space between the 2 middle seats to get to the back making it easy to strap the kids in. There is a good size boot which easily fits a double Phil & Teds buggy plus 2 of the foldable single buggies.

I have looked at a lot of 7 seaters and would say the Chyrsler is one of the best I have seen.

kblake
23-07-2011, 03:19 PM
We have been looking and are trying decide between a Ford S-Max and Mazda 5, both are really nice and seem very spacious, and have decent boot space when all 7 seats are up, which the Zafira doesnt have, the boot on that is pants. The Mazda is quite cheap too, the top sport model is around £21000 where as the basic S-Max starts at £21000!

QualityCare
23-07-2011, 06:58 PM
Don't get the zafira l have one on hire at the moment,( while mine new shape kia sedona is in the garage), you cannot get 3 children on the middle row of seats back 2 seats are not proper seats so unsafe for car seats, pushchair will not fit in the boot. Love the sedona 3 full size seats in the middle and 2 in the back loads of leg room and boot space.

mushpea
23-07-2011, 07:11 PM
now im going to disagree with the majority cause
I LOVE MY ZAFIRA its no bigger to drive than a normal car, i can fit 3 seats across the middle one being a chunky 0-4 seat and 2 being the booster with backs on that also have 5 point harness,, i can also fit a single pushchair in the boot with all the seats up,, i have got both a umbrella fold style buggy in and an sandwich type fold buggy in there, admititly there isnt much room for anything else but all the children bring their own rucksackts which they put down by their feet, its cheaper on tax and insurance than my old estate and lovley to drive.
i would advise you go for a decent size engine as with a full load a bigger engine is more economical.
oh and I can move the seats back and foward with the middle seat in because mine is the type that fits on a lap belt which is what i have but if you have 3 seats across the back then you can sill bend a seat forward to let the others in the back and to be honest i tend to put the fixed seats in the boot then the older ones in the back 3 because not only is it easier to then move the seats forward (older kids only need boosters) but I can keep a better ey on the older ones who I know will mess about! plus when putting all the children in it means that the older ones go in last and are longest to stand on the path waiting whilst I put the younger ones in.

Twinklestars
23-07-2011, 08:57 PM
I love my galaxy but am starting to think the thing it's missing is sliding doors, our other car has big chunks missing from where kids have bumped the door onto it! But it's lovely to drive and has a good boot and even adults can comfortably sit in the back 2 seats, mine costs £500 a year which is cheaper than I paid before for my 5 seater

Lorraine B
23-07-2011, 10:39 PM
I love my galaxy too :laughing:
It fits everyone in and my 3 carseats xxx

Beetlejuice
23-07-2011, 10:49 PM
I LOVE my Chrysler Voyager - we didn't have enough money to stretch to the Grand Voyager which is a shame but it's great. I can comfortably get 5 seats in the back without struggling and I've been known to get a triple AND a double buggy in the boot along with my bags for a day out. My only problem with the Voyager is, when I am using it as a family car and we go on holiday that we have to remove the back seats completely and store them in our garage. In the Grand Voyager they all fold into the floor. Other than that it's our perfect car.

amanda1309
24-07-2011, 09:33 AM
I had a 7 seater Touran and loved it but it just wasn't big enough for all the kids and a pushchair and all our bags.

I've now got a VW Sharan and love it. Got 2 built in baby seats and i can get my double pushchair in and all our stuff.

Leanne59
24-07-2011, 11:23 AM
I have a ford s-max! and i love it, I can fit five children and a double pushchair. Alot easier than my zafira, better to driving too.
I want a 2010 s-max now as they have sliding doors! but maybe when I win the lottery!
the insurance is £300 too, the same as a zafira and the s-max is bigger!

jaja
24-07-2011, 04:13 PM
am just buying my second zafira and love it, like a car but 7 seats, and plenty of room for the mindees, pushchairs and stuff, we are getting an 08 and its got lots more room than the 04, i even took double buggy to try it out in the showrroom too to make sure, lol xxx

Go and look at different cars and try them all out before you decide xxxx

RachelE
24-07-2011, 04:55 PM
I had a Hyundai Trajet and Loooved it!

It has more room than the zafira type car - I could fit my double 3 wheeler behind the 3rd row of seats.

Its similar to the kia sedona, but has a better write up.

We only got rid of it because I walk most days now and wwhen I dont I use dh's Landrover.

Good luck choosing!

Rachel x

carebear25
24-07-2011, 06:54 PM
I have a citreon c8 an love it xx

Gracie's mamma
24-07-2011, 07:03 PM
LOL

I've just got myself a Touran today in fact and so far i just love it.

I brought it off a childminder who has given up :-)