PDA

View Full Version : End of term presents!

Ripeberry
22-07-2011, 01:33 PM
I only work term-time and yesterday was my last day with the mindees. One parent gave me some chocolates and the other a bunch of flowers and I only have their kids for less than 5hrs a week.

Then the main parent who's kids I have for over 30hrs a week...zilch. :rolleyes:

Do you find that parents you mind for the least amount of time are more generous? The same kind of thing happened at Xmas.

Anyway the chocks were lovely :)

caz3007
22-07-2011, 03:12 PM
I got a bottle of wine from the parent whose little boy has only been with me for a short while and is only here for one hour before school, twice a week.

A parent has left after 4 years and I got some choccies and choccies from another parent who is a teacher, so not here now until September. Another one left after 2 years and not even a thank you.

Still all I would like is a card, cos that means more to me, but going to enjoy a glass of wine tonight with some of the choccies. :laughing:

The Juggler
22-07-2011, 03:19 PM
two of my parents work at a school and always give me end term presents at xmas and summer. I was totally spoiled yesterday.

However, I'd be happy with a thank you - it's knowing you are appreciated rather than what you get. It's those that can't be bothered to say it that makes me :angry: :angry:

caz3007
22-07-2011, 03:39 PM
I have just had another one go, he isnt coming back in September as he is going to a different school. Mum runs a cake shop, she is Latvian, so they are more gateau type and there are three large slices in a box, some of her bacon things that she knows we like and a rose in a pot.

I feel really appreciated this week, which is nice.

miffy
22-07-2011, 03:50 PM
The nicest pressie I got was a sheet of A4 card with mindees picture at the top saying "I love xxxxx because...................
and then they had written all the reasons. Mum laminated it so it would last :)

Miffy xx

caz3007
22-07-2011, 04:02 PM
The nicest pressie I got was a sheet of A4 card with mindees picture at the top saying "I love xxxxx because...................
and then they had written all the reasons. Mum laminated it so it would last :)

Miffy xx

Awwww those are the sort of pressies I like too.

I got a card from some older after schoolies (they have left after 4 years) and mum and the boys had each written in it and actually that meant more than the choccies

miffy
22-07-2011, 04:09 PM
I got a card from some older after schoolies (they have left after 4 years) and mum and the boys had each written in it and actually that meant more than the choccies

I know what you mean - I had flowers and choccies from another child who was leaving but no card. The flowers are beautiful and I'm sure the choccies will be nice but I would rather have had a card.

Miffy xx

manjay
22-07-2011, 04:12 PM
I had one from a teacher who I suppose is used to it happening to her at this time of year. the rest I look after all year round so no need really.

However every family has returned their evaluation of service questionnaires over the last two weeks and the responses on those mean more to me than anything they could buy:thumbsup:

Carol M
22-07-2011, 04:14 PM
I have had some lovely things from TTO parents, but what meant more to me than all the material things in the world were the very touching things one new( mindee been here 6mths) mum wrote in a hand made card. Just as I was losing faith in parents it has made me feel appreciated.
Carol xx

karensmart4
22-07-2011, 04:44 PM
Today I had some home made cakes....

Yesterday I had some home made cakes....

And yesterday I also had a bottle of wine and a card...

We make a lot of cakes here so the parents must think I like them :laughing:

The one that brought the wine said they nearly bought chocolates but then thought I might appreciate the wine more ....... I think they know me too well :blush: