PDA

View Full Version : what would you do with this mindee?

newandlearning
22-07-2011, 07:26 AM
Hi everyone..

I don't know why but I seem to have attracted mindees who don't really seem to like being at my setting.

I begin to feel like I'm doing everything wrong or not leading the children enough?

I've had one mindee for 1.5 years who finally left this week. he has spent nearly every day here saying to me ..' in two days it will be a mummy funny day again.. in one day it will be a mummy funny day' etc... now finally this week on his last day all he did in the afternoon was say 'I'm not coming ever again after today' after he said this for the fourth time.. I said .. that is such a shame as we will miss you and I know my lil boy will miss him.. and all he said was 'well I won't miss you or him'.. I feel said that my kids view the mindees as friends but this lil boy comes soo long to us and doesn't think the same.

yesterday I was going to invite the mum for a playdate to a zoo park in the hols.. but by the end of the day I felt hurt and c**p so didn't bother...

I know part of this is just 3yo's but it still saddens me as he's been with us in our home for soo long...:(

rickysmiths
22-07-2011, 07:36 AM
Oh thats sad. I have never had that from a child who has been with me so long. I often find negative comments come from home though unless a child has a bit of a paddy whan you have asked them to do something they don't want to do and they come out with the ' I hate you' phrase!:( .

I would let it go and continue to care for you family and your other mindees in the Outstanding way you clearly do.

singlewiththree
22-07-2011, 08:16 AM
For the first time I have had a child rush to his mum at home time and give her a huge hug. Usually the children don't want to leave and have to be dragged away screaming. I found it really hurtful. He is only a temporary contract 8 hours a week for the past couple of weeks and normally goes to grandma but he said to me yesterday, after school mummy comes and picks me up, I will give her a big hug and then she will play with me until bedtime. I figured that was the problem as I have 3 children here and I play with them but they also have time to play together and he obviously isn't used to that. Could it be a similar thing for yours.