PDA

View Full Version : Newly Registered :-)

kblake
21-07-2011, 05:53 PM
Hey everyone, I got my certificate through just over a month ago, and since have been getting all my policies sorted. How have all of you advertised? I spoke to a childminder the other day and she said getting your first child is the hardest part, once you get one, the rest just fow in. I'm a little worried by what she said, I really want to get up and running asap, but am now having doubts, and worried that its going to take ages before I get anyone. :panic:

Penny1959
21-07-2011, 10:09 PM
It depends on where you live and the service you offer and the price you plan to charge

It can take quiet a long time to get started (took me 6 months) but some people are lucky and get their firsty mindee within a couple of week.

I found childcare.co.uk a good starting point - and I paid for the gold membership so i could email parents back.

I also found having my own website very helpful - there are some free ones you can set up yourself or Pauline (the boss here) can do one for you - for a very reasonable cost.

Other things I did were a car sticker and a t.shirt with very large logo and phone number on the back which I wore everywhere - including shopping school run, meeting friends and so on

Good luck

Penny :)

flowerpots
22-07-2011, 05:52 AM
Hi, welcome to the forum :clapping:

I did all of the above and had some mindees within a few days of starting but demand is quite high in my area.

Good luck with getting your first mindee hun. :thumbsup:

miffy
22-07-2011, 07:20 AM
Advertise as much as you can and tell everyone you know or meet that you are now registered - work can come from some very funny sources you wouldn't expect.

If you know any other cm's in your area ask them to pass on your details if they are full.

Good luck and hope the phone rings soon for you

Miffy xx

kblake
22-07-2011, 08:01 AM
Thank everyone. fingers crossed eh!
btw this site is gold dust, so glad I stumbled across it :jump for joy: