PDA

View Full Version : Trip to the cinema

claire85
21-07-2011, 11:44 AM
Of course as you all know summer holidays are here already !! Am planning to take to 9 year olds to the cinema next week one boy an one girl. Have been thinking though what to do if one needs the loo during the film am i ok to leave one child and go with the other ?? and am i ok in letting the boy go in the mens on his own ?? Any replies would be appreciated

Helen Dempster
21-07-2011, 01:25 PM
hmmm, that's a toughie! Not sure re: leaving one while I go to the loo with the other one. However, I think at their age they should be ok if they both 'go' before the film. The other question though, no - I would have the boy come into the ladies with me (just to be on the safe side).

QualityCare
21-07-2011, 01:37 PM
Ask boys mum what she does when he is out with her and needs toilet, ask her what she would feel comfortable with you doing ie taking him to ladies and also leaving him alone or taking him with you if girl needs to go. Ask girls mum as well. But ultimately you have to do what you feel comfortable doing and as long as you explain to the children before hand what is going to happen should the toilet be needed then they should be ok with it.

PixiePetal
21-07-2011, 01:47 PM
He/she could use disabled and you wait outside for them if that's easier

I would say go to loo before entering and then they should be old enough/capable of hanging on.

I admit to taking my own 2 to cinema when they were young and leaving them to watch film while I went to loo. It was Thomas the Tank - DS was 2 or 3 and DD 5 or 6 I think. Our seats were near the door. The toilet was opposite exit door and I dashed in and out, there was no way I could wait, I would have wet myself! I had already squirmed for about half an hour :o There must have been 20 people max watching the film that afternoon. I know - bad mum! I went back in and they hadn't moved an inch.

clio0602
21-07-2011, 02:12 PM
I think I would take them before and would let the boy go to the disabled or men's while I waited outside. Some places don't like over 8's in the ladies and I know my ds wouldn't come in the ladies from age 7.

I wouldn't leave one while you took the other to the loo tho i'd take them both. But they should be able to wait I had a 3, 4, 6 and 9yr old and they manged to wait til the end x

Chatterbox Childcare
21-07-2011, 02:17 PM
I would say go before, limited drinks and they should both be able to sit for 2 hours without the loo - prewarn them as well :D

miffy
21-07-2011, 03:32 PM
Get them to go beforehand but if they really needed to go then either the ladies with you or the disabled toilet. I wouldn't let a mindee go alone into the gents toilet.

Miffy xx