PDA

View Full Version : Buggy quandry

Tealady
21-07-2011, 11:19 AM
I currently have a double side by side buggy. It's a Mothercare one that I've had for some-time. Started minding a LO (11mts) a few weeks ago and my son (21mths) isn't to happy sitting beside somebody else.

He currently goes to Pre-school and they were donated a Phil & Ted's with doubles kit. It doesn't suit their needs so are selling it a rather reasonable price. I thought this might solve my problem with my son but don't want to jump the gun and end up wishing I'd kept my one (Pre-school have said they would be interested in my side by side).

Any advise?

Mouse
21-07-2011, 11:56 AM
Does pre-school shut over the summer hols? If it does and they won;t need a buggy for a few weeks, I'd ask if you could borrow the Phil & Teds for a couple of weeks to see how you get on.

rickysmiths
21-07-2011, 12:00 PM
I would give it a bit more time with your son, he will have to get used to being next to someone or wlak!. At 21mths he will be walking most of the time anyway, so you will only need a single buggy for the 11mth old.

blue bear
21-07-2011, 07:08 PM
I love my p&t, only pushchair I need now as it's both my single and double. It's a dream to push and comfy for children.

Your son will get over having to share or you could try a buggy board? I would choose p&t over side by side any day, the only thing is the p&t can be heavy lifting in and out of car

I'd recommend asking if you can trial it over summer.

sarah707
21-07-2011, 07:17 PM
I have tried a forward facing and find it much too heavy to get up and down kerbs... and to push if the toddler in the front is chunky.

I much prefer my side by side :D

Happy Bunny
21-07-2011, 07:19 PM
I love my Jane side to side one.
I find the two I put in it happily chat away to each other.

~Grasshopper~
21-07-2011, 07:27 PM
hi

i have a mothercare mpv side by side and a p&t vibe ( i am a pramaholic) this is just my doubles.

the mpv is in the loft i use the p&t daily, like you my own son and mindee are a nightmare sat next to each other they are only 12mths and 15mths but they pull hair and scratch each other so for me the P&T is best.

p&t cons heavy, huge when folded and a pain to fold, cant lie either back to sleep really and no where to hang a change bag, but i think the pro's out weigh the cons and i believe the other p&t's are much lighter than the vibe.

xx

Milli147
21-07-2011, 07:39 PM
See this is why I rate the Out n about Nipper, although it is side by side, the children are separated by the middle bit, and they sit a long way back in the seat so can't really annoy each other too much! My old Mothercare one had basically one long seat with 2 harnesses, and they were forever leaning all over each other or grabbing at each other.

I don't like P&T because it has no basket and I always feel a bit sorry for the child in the bottom!

kel1983
21-07-2011, 09:40 PM
I have just bought a Out N About Nipper side by side double and LOVE IT

Its a little bulky in the shops but lovely to push. Plus I love that the children can both see where they are going. They do have their moments where they do also chat away to each other and play.

AliceK
22-07-2011, 09:15 AM
I have had loads of doubles but have now currently only got 2, a P&T and an Out N About Nipper. After using the Nipper for so long now I don't really like the P&T's anymore (although I loved it when I first got it). I'm thinking of selling my P&T and using the money towards buying a single Nipper.
If I were you I would keep your side by side.

xxxxx

~Grasshopper~
22-07-2011, 10:01 AM
See this is why I rate the Out n about Nipper, although it is side by side, the children are separated by the middle bit, and they sit a long way back in the seat so can't really annoy each other too much! My old Mothercare one had basically one long seat with 2 harnesses, and they were forever leaning all over each other or grabbing at each other.

I don't like P&T because it has no basket and I always feel a bit sorry for the child in the bottom!

i have an 12mth old in the back and he can see sideways just not forwards and i can use the basket still as he has little legs, ive got the change bag and raincover in it no probs and i only ever pop to the shop for milk so it isnt a problem at all xxx

Tealady
22-07-2011, 10:46 PM
Well this kind of resolved itself anyway. Went to have a proper look and a play and the chassis was too wide for my boot and as I unfortunately have to use my car daily, it was no good.

Thanks for the feed back though!