PDA

View Full Version : Which Car?

Kelly
04-05-2008, 06:50 PM
Ladies

I am sure as usual you will be able to help with this dilema my sister is having. She needs to buy a fairly cheap car (up to £2000) that will fit 3 car seat in the back. I have a Touran and we have been looking at seven seaters, but does anyone know which standard 5 seater cars will fit three seats in the back? I am sure that a focus will, but any ideas would be greatly appreciated.

Kelly

Lou
04-05-2008, 06:52 PM
I have a renault scenic, i can fit 3 car seats in the back.

Mine is fairly new, but you may be able to get an older second hand one cheaper?

deb24
04-05-2008, 06:58 PM
I used to have a Meriva and that was ok I have just bought a Zafira for more room

sarah707
04-05-2008, 07:26 PM
I used to get 3 seats in the back of my Focus and I can now in my Toyota Corolla - just!

I would have to change one of my seats to a slightly narrower one, but it does work and I love my Corolla. :D

Cazz
04-05-2008, 10:08 PM
One thing I would bear in mind is what type of car seat you will be using i.e. a rear facing for a baby. The reason I say is that I have a 7 seater Sharan so have no problems with space for car seats and my rear facing Mamas and Papas fixes in fine but my parents have just bought a new Zafira and the seatbelts in the back are barely long enough to go round the car seat. I had to tip the seat forward a bit to get the belt round. Okay for occasional use and it was tightly fixed once in but I don't think I would be comfortable using it like this every day (and it would take longer to put in!).

Obviously you wouldn't have this problem if you aren't going to be putting a rear facing seat in but it is always worth trying car seats in a car before you purchase.

Carole. x

hbomb1
05-05-2008, 06:42 PM
We have got a Toyota Verso 7-seater and can just fit three seats on the second row - one of which is forward facing baby seat and two booster chairs. However, my husband has a Honda CRV and we cannot fit 3 car seats in at all - the spacing between each seatbelt holder thing is not equal and a total joke! :(

caza
05-05-2008, 06:56 PM
I just got my Vauxhall Zafira and I love it. There is loads of room and very comfortable. Mine is a 54 plate which my husband managed to get for me for just under £5000 so if your sister were to look at a slightly older one she might get one for the price she wants. My husband had to shop around a fair bit to get that price but just goes to show its worth it. I would definately recommend the Zafira though.

Caroline