PDA

View Full Version : Most effective ways of linking with other settings?

miss mopple
21-07-2011, 06:37 AM
Morning all.

I was approached at pre school last week as they want to look at ways that we can work in better partnership (finally!!) and I have a meeting with them this afternoon to discuss.

I do have a very good relationship with all the staff there and we share alot of info verbally but I think they want to formalise things a bit more, which is great. For my purposes I make a note of anything relevant pre school share with me already.

I just wondered for those of you with co operative other settings what ways of working together are most effective? I want to go in armed with suggestions :D

PixiePetal
21-07-2011, 06:47 AM
I have only had 1 pre school even interested :rolleyes:

I provided a notebook for us each to write short notes in - what we did, what was enjoyed etc. This went between us in childs bag. I do not have any drop off or pick up there and this was ok when I had inspection :thumbsup:

Another wanted me to fill in their forms and do it all their way which did not suit me, manager even got my phone number from somewhere and tried to tell me what I had to do - 40 mins later I got off the phone and cried. Made a note of call and letters I had sent/received and said I would not have contact with them again! She does not like CM and we all avoid nursery pick ups/contact with that one :rolleyes:

miffy
21-07-2011, 07:21 AM
I provided a notebook for us each to write short notes in - what we did, what was enjoyed etc. This went between us in childs bag. I do not have any drop off or pick up there and this was ok when I had inspection :thumbsup:

I'm still waiting for a nursery, pre-school or school to approach me :rolleyes:

I like the notebook idea Pixie - from September I will have a child going to playgroup and school on different days to the ones I look after them so need to look at ways to communicate with both other settings

Miffy xx

pinky33
21-07-2011, 08:24 AM
This is what we had.
A note book with Childs photo on front, all contact details inside and a permission from mum for us to share info.

Every week a short note from both sides to say what had been enjoyed, topic at the moment and any other info that might be needed. Child also drew pics inside so she was involved in her special book also.

loocyloo
21-07-2011, 09:39 AM
one preschool it was just a verbal 2 way conversation, that i then noted down when i got home. plus each term i would show them relevant childrens learning journals and they would sign to say they had seen them, i then would look at theirs and sign it !!! the preschool also used to send a form home at the start of each term asking childminders if there was anything they noticed, they were working on, they were concerned about.

the other nursery, used to email the parents the planning for every 3 weeks, and so i was also emailed this. i used to email back and forth with information/questions etc regarding the child there, and both nursery & myself printed these off and kept them in the LJ. again we used to share eachothers LJ and sign them when we saw them. we also did talk!

i don't think any of the preschools i've been involved with before would have time ( or inclination! ) to write anything/look at anything in a diary!