PDA

View Full Version : variation process

jamiebec2000
21-07-2011, 05:38 AM
Morning all you lovely peeps,

I was wondering if anyone can advise me on ofsted's procedure for a variation request.
I have filled out and emailed the form, which they have received.
I received an email back to say it has been passed to the relevant section and someone will be in touch,
So my question is .... Do they ring, write, email or snail mail ?
.... Do they ask more questions, etc or do they just grant the variation?

Thanks in advance
Becky

flowerpots
21-07-2011, 06:14 AM
Morning all you lovely peeps,

I was wondering if anyone can advise me on ofsted's procedure for a variation request.
I have filled out and emailed the form, which they have received.
I received an email back to say it has been passed to the relevant section and someone will be in touch,
So my question is .... Do they ring, write, email or snail mail ?
.... Do they ask more questions, etc or do they just grant the variation?

Thanks in advance
Becky

Morning Becki,

If they grant the variation they will post a new certificate out.

I sent a variation at the friday, on the wednesday of the following week i had a phone call from Ofsted just to clarify a few things (it was a long variation), they told me on the phone it had all been granted and the new certificate arrived yesterday.

Hope they sort through it quickly for you.

xxx

marnieb
21-07-2011, 06:17 AM
I waited 2 weeks after getting that e-mail, and then I phoned up, only to be told my new Certifacte had been sent out the day before!!! So, I think they will only phone you if there's anything they have to query.

jamiebec2000
21-07-2011, 06:35 AM
Thanks girls
Thats what I thought would happen, fingers crossed, they sort it out quickly

Becky

twiggy
21-07-2011, 12:03 PM
If you don't hear anything within a few weeks from Ofsted chase them. I applied for a variation, stated the date I needed it and received a confirmation email to acknowledge the forms. My variation then got over looked by Ofsted.

miffy
21-07-2011, 03:36 PM
If you've heard nothing in a couple of weeks then ring them - could be the e-mail is just sitting in someones in-box! :rolleyes:

Miffy xx

snuffy123lulu
21-07-2011, 03:52 PM
Hi, I have recently been granted a variation. I kept looking at my ofsted report online and after a week my registration details had been changed to include the variation. I then received my updated certificate two weeks later, no phone call or email to confirm it had been approved just the new certificate.

jamiebec2000
23-07-2011, 08:14 AM
Yippee I have been granted my variation request. :clapping:

No extra information needed :)

Thanks Snuffy I kept looking on my report and it is now there so just have to wait for the paper copy but as the request is dated the 20/7 I can start the variation on Monday

Thanks for all your replies

Becky

alwaysright
23-07-2011, 12:51 PM
can i ask what type of situations have people been granted variations?? i have only ever applied for one and was refused :mad: anyway i'm thinking of applying for another but its for a new baby so not sure if it would be allowed

jamiebec2000
23-07-2011, 09:50 PM
Mine was for continuity of care for a 2 year old, increasing hours from 3 to 5 days a week, which meant I had 4 under 5 on those 2 days.

flowerpots
24-07-2011, 07:14 AM
mine was to increase numbers when working with an assisstant.

I dont think Ofsted grant variations for new business unless its for a sibling of a mindee you already look after. :)