PDA

View Full Version : Variation Chances

handeme
20-07-2011, 06:03 PM
I have had an enquiry for next May for a baby not yet born.

From May I will have a 26 month old (my little boy) and 25 month old (full time) and a 18 month old (2.5 days a week).

They are wanting Monday - Thursday 1-6, so I am over my numbers on a Tuesday and Wednesday afternoon.

It is someone I know so would love to do it but ideally wanted to give her an indication of what I can expect Ofsted to say. I have my inspection on Monday so will mention this then (is that allowed?)

C x

Mouse
20-07-2011, 06:07 PM
Ofste are very unlikely to give you a variation for new business, though it is always worth asking.

Your best bet would be to take the baby on for a month or so before mum goes back to work, just on the days you can do. Then apply for a variation for continuity of care as mum would then want to increase her days when she goes back to work.

handeme
20-07-2011, 06:09 PM
and would they then grant it?

I dont want to leave mum in a position where she has to look for someone else at short notice.

Mouse
20-07-2011, 06:14 PM
They're more likely to grant it, but no one could say for certain until you put in a variation request and you can't do that until a few weeks before you need the variation.

You would have to demonstrate how you would care for 4 children under the age of 3, how you would get out & about, what equipment you have etc.

All you can really do is tell mum that you would like to look after her the baby, but that you can't say anything for definite until nearer the time.

handeme
20-07-2011, 06:27 PM
Thanks. Mum is a manager of a nursery so I am sure she will understand.

c x

marnieb
21-07-2011, 06:16 AM
I think Ofsted are more liekly to grant a variation for 4 under 5 in you dont have too many after schoolies - on the day I needed mine for I only had my ds (7), the rest were the babies, and the person I spoke to at Ofsted said that worked to my advantage.

handeme
21-07-2011, 08:17 AM
I dont do school runs only for my own little boy who will be 5.

c x