PDA

View Full Version : Help! Partner's CRB has been disqualified!

Blades35
20-07-2011, 03:44 PM
Hi All, I have been waiting patiently for my CRB to come back, it arrived in March, fine, then my partner's has taken forever, just rec'd a letter today from Ofsted expalining that he's been CRB disqualified & therefore so am I, I am being sent a Waiver form in the next few days. Now, I was sort of expecting this as I am aware of my partners past, albeit nearly 20 years ago, but the pre-reg Ofsted inspecter said it wasn't a "deal breaker". So I am now rather worried (bricking it to be frank) as my entire future rests on this!! Any advice what to do now? What is the likely hood of the waiver being successful and how long does this next process take? Any words of support, advice is really appreciated!:panic:

PixiePetal
20-07-2011, 04:30 PM
Never heard of a waiver but hoping it all goes well for you and things are sorted soon
x

sorry no practical help :o

Andrea08
20-07-2011, 04:34 PM
no idea hun sorry but sending (((Huggz))) and hope it all ends well xx

jumpinjen
20-07-2011, 04:37 PM
No idea what a waiver is.... cold you speak to ofsted and ask them? If they said it wasn't a deal breaker then maybe they can help...... perhaps they will restrict you to working when he isn't there..... does he work 9-5? It restricts what work you can take on but at least you can work?

Hugs, Jen x

sarah707
20-07-2011, 04:54 PM
Basically you are being given the opportunity to show that you will be able to work without your partner being involved in your business.

It will probably mean that even in the holidays or when he finishes work he will not be allowed to come to the house if you are childminding.

You both need to sit down and discuss how he will feel if this happens because without a CRB he won't be allowed near childminded children.

However you won't know until you apply! Good luck with it all x

justme123
20-07-2011, 05:19 PM
Following from my other thread ... which has some common points ... except that I already received my registration certificate and then my partner got accused of something he didn't do that dates back to over 35 years ago when he was 14. I can only say you should consider if you really want to through with this. The investigation is still ongoing in my case and I have a restriction put on. My certificate says:
'as agreed with the registered provider; the person named in the letter dated ...... must not be present when minded children are present (Early Years Register, compulsory part of the Childcare Register)'
This will stay on my certificate until the case is dropped. If it goes to court and he gets sentenced (I will make sure this goes on the news if it does happen) this condition will stay on my registration until he moves out permanently or dies.
I know I have missed out on enquiries because of that. It's on my wall and on Ofsted's website. I do hope the case gets dropped and that's the only reason I'm hanging in there.
I have to add I had a number of visits from Ofsted to check if I comply ie check my partner is not present.
I guess it all depends on how bad you want to be a childminder ....
I wish you all the best.

flowerpots
20-07-2011, 05:30 PM
No advice hun, hope it gets sorted quickly for you. :)

Blades35
20-07-2011, 05:50 PM
:( Oh Great, doesn't sound too promising! Thanks for all your replies, I spoke to Ofsted earlier, and they said the Waiver form is a basic form, but we get the opportunity to write an explanation with the circumstances of the conviction, she siad to explain it was 20 yrs ago etc, and the situation surrounding it, he was a teenager blah blah, I pray it goes well, although my partner leaves about 6:30 till 6pm, I can't see him being barred from his home working out too well. Gulp. ok, deep breaths, I'll just have to do my best and hope they allow this to go ahead, i'm desperate to make this work. I'll keep you updated.

And I really hope your partners case gets dropped too. So unfair!

:panic: