PDA

View Full Version : Routine Outings

Straws
04-05-2008, 05:28 PM
I have a little girl who will be coming for just two hours a day,when her parents change over shifts. Mother asked routine during interview, I said between those hours it was lunch then free play and asked if we would be going out as little one sleeps. I told her we dont usually go out during those hours we normally go for walks or outdoor play after breakfast. I have given mum all the permission forms she has signed most except photo's, routine outings, and permission for travelling in a car. Will this be a problem with ofsted even though i know we wont leave the house during the 2 hours??

Straws xx

sarah707
04-05-2008, 05:51 PM
Yes it will... you have to be able to take her with you in a car or other mode of transport if there is, for example, an emergency which means you have to go with a child to hospital... or if you all want to pop to the library to get a book to follow a child's interest... or if you run out of bread and need a quick trip to the supermarket... another child needs collecting from school and you're best taking the car / bus etc... lots of reasons and not acceptable for the mother to not sign.

Photos will present you with a problem as well from Sept with eyfs as much of the good practice surrounding observations involves taking photos of the child. And even if the child is only with you 2 hours a day you will have to complement their main setting's activities with obs and planning to suit the child.

Best have a cuppa and chat with her! :D

littlestar
04-05-2008, 06:25 PM
i agree completely eith sarah i think a sit down and just exsplain what sarah has said and she sould understand

Straws
04-05-2008, 06:45 PM
Well i just posted the forms back through her door and a letter explaining why i needed them to be signed. She did sign the permission for observations which was worded. I/we understand that ongoing observations will be undertaken on the above named child, to follow and assess their development, and in order to support the childminder in working towards any qualifications. These may be in the form of written statements and photographs, I understand that these observations are confidential and will be shared with only myself. However I do give permission for these to be shown to professionals such as Ofsted Inspectors, if requested. ;) So i guess i can take photo's;) God knows what am gonna do if she won't sign the others:(

Straws xx

sarah707
04-05-2008, 07:12 PM
I have a bit that says...

If you do not give your permission for any of the above, please write your reasons on the back of this form. We aim to be flexible, but we reserve the right to refuse to care for any child if we do not feel we can cater for their needs / the needs of other children, while taking parental views into full account. Thank you.

Ok, sorry, bolting horses and closing stable doors springs to mind... :rolleyes:

But it might be useful for next time... :D

miffy
04-05-2008, 07:43 PM
I'm sure she'll sign once she knows the reasons why you need her written permission

Good luck - hope it's soon sorted

miffy xx

angeldelight
07-05-2008, 10:01 PM
Did you sort it ?

Angel xx

wendywu
07-05-2008, 10:37 PM
Well straws did she sign the permission forms for the bungee jumping and hang gliding sessions. :panic: Some people do make life hard work dont they.:)

Straws
08-05-2008, 09:12 AM
well she signed the routine outings permission and for the car permissions, photo's. she still left out the large outdoor play equipment and using public transport. Least i be able to go out to buy some cotton wool to wrap her child up in:D :D

sarah707
08-05-2008, 09:36 AM
well she signed the routine outings permission and for the car permissions, photo's. she still left out the large outdoor play equipment and using public transport. Least i be able to go out to buy some cotton wool to wrap her child up in:D :D

:laughing: :laughing: