PDA

View Full Version : new computer in accounts?

lulubelle
20-07-2011, 08:50 AM
a few familys that have come to look have asked if we had a computer for the children to use, our lap top had broken and we were borrowing one off of my parents. we have since had to give that back so went out and brought a new comp (on credit!) can i put that in my accounts? ok it is for us to but def using it for bussiness-ie looking on childcare.co.uk for mindees, policys etc and children will be using it too!

done all my accounts for things i have brought to set up so far and including comp its nearly £1000!!! i dont even start minding til next month!

sarah707
20-07-2011, 05:07 PM
It is possible that you can claim depending on how much the computer is used for childminding.

I suggest you ring HMRC and check with them :D

karensmart4
20-07-2011, 07:33 PM
We have a computer in the playroom just for the children, we were lucky as a parent gave it to us I just bought a smaller mouse and a children's keyboard (small case).

I wouldn't want to use a brand new computer for the mindee's, but that's just my opinion :)

The children do learn a lot from using the computer, hand/eye coordination, KUW, PD, CD, PSED well everything really, so it is good for them to have access to one.

I'm just rambling now so i'll go :blush: :blush:

Karen :)

blue bear
20-07-2011, 08:38 PM
At a hmrc seminar I attended we were advised to work out percentage if business and home use and then work put proporionate cost. Eg 50/50 of 100 would be £50 costs or 75/25 of 100 would be £75 costs

We were also told items over £50 cannot be put through in one year but had to be spread over several

Donkey
20-07-2011, 09:30 PM
At a hmrc seminar I attended we were advised to work out percentage if business and home use and then work put proporionate cost. Eg 50/50 of 100 would be £50 costs or 75/25 of 100 would be £75 costs

We were also told items over £50 cannot be put through in one year but had to be spread over several

see I spoke with a technical advisor at hmrc who told me to put the whole cost of my £159 pram through at once because it wouldn't last years due to the amount of use!!!

different people at hmrc have different views!

zippy
20-07-2011, 09:50 PM
My husband is self employed and our accountant says anything over 400 is a capital expense

lulubelle
21-07-2011, 08:16 AM
My husband is self employed and our accountant says anything over 400 is a capital expense

what is capital expense? sorry new to this! my uncle brought his own garage and put his comp on accounts

aly
21-07-2011, 11:19 AM
im sure MrA {accountant} said it was anything over £200

i've put my laptop through 100% as we have another laptop and a pc,a nd that is going in 1 year not being spread out.