PDA

View Full Version : Meal ideas please?!

snufflepuff
20-07-2011, 08:45 AM
Mindee usually brings a meal with her for dinner on a Wednesday as she stays later than usual. Their fridge freezer has broken so Mum asked if I can make some dinner for LO. My OH is working late tonight so to be honest DS and I were just going to have something quick like pasta. We tend to eat at about 6pm but mindee leaves at 5pm so I need to have something ready for about 4pm- and DS will want to eat with mindee.

What shall I make for them? I enjoy cooking but i'm not all that good at it, I never have any ideas, just stick to things I know I can do! Mindee won't eat veg at home but does eat it here so if I can get some veg in to her Mum will be happy. Any ideas? Maybe something the LOs can help make (they're both 29 months) I don't mind popping to the shop for ingredients!

rickysmiths
20-07-2011, 08:54 AM
I would do pasta with a lot of veg and tomato sauce. Fruit for pudding.

loocyloo
20-07-2011, 08:58 AM

just what i was going to suggest! cook all the veg into the tomato sauce and mash/blitz it smooth!

how about yogurt to dip the fruit into?!

LO's could grate cheese for pasta, help cut up fruit?

Mouse
20-07-2011, 08:59 AM

Same here. If you were planning pasta, that's what I'd do. My mindees and own children like pasta mixed with tuna, cooked frozen peas & philadelphia.

Or pasta mixed with a bit of chicken & veg.