PDA

View Full Version : SAD DAY

The Juggler
19-07-2011, 09:20 PM
Gonna be very sad tomorrow. Despite 7 years of minding I have never yet had a child from baby through to starting proper school as they have all had to leave to go to nursery in other areas etc.

My first 'baby' is leaving to start school (she is term time only). I will still see her every day in the playground but I know I'm gonna find it so hard not to sob :( :blush:

To make things worse, 3 other mindees I won't see agian now all summer and another little boy I've only looked after since September for 1 hour a day/3 days a week is also leaving.

I'm gonna be a mess. Then to top it all I've got to ds Y6 leavers assemby the next day. :(

PixiePetal
19-07-2011, 09:26 PM
I have one leaving tomorrow :(

had him as a temp child from 8 months supposedly till he was 1, but he stayed on :) he is now 4 and off to school in Sept.

will miss him :(

Have some other ex mindees for a few odd days in hols - now aged 12 and 11, siblings who I had from toddler and baby :thumbsup:

angeldelight
20-07-2011, 05:45 AM
I have one leaving too

We can all be sad together ha

Hope you are both ok and anyone else who has a child leaving

Angel xx

mushpea
20-07-2011, 05:55 AM
me too,, I had 3 from the same family leave me,, they were with me 3yrs, they are leaving partly because i am full on the days she needs me in september and partly because I am fed up with not being paid on time.
then I have another mindee finish with me today untill september and another on friday as they are both term time only,
on the brighter side one of my other mindees comes in the holidays only so will be nice to see him again.

mrs robbie williams
20-07-2011, 05:57 AM
i have one leaving friday :( moving up to reception in sept, one goes in 2 weeks (secretely pleased bout that one though as he is v. disruptive) so we will have a nice quiet summer hols :) xx

mama2three
20-07-2011, 06:45 AM
One of mine finished yesterday , was a little upset but ok.
One might be finishing depending on the outcome of Mums interview tomorrow. Now if he goes Ill be heartbroken , my first mindee and both he and mum are so lovely. Really hope mum gets the job!!

miffy
20-07-2011, 06:54 AM
I've got five I won't see for the summer but they are all coming back!

Only got one leaving this time but have looked after them for a few years so it will be sad :(

Kath - hope your mum gets the job!

Miffy xx

Mamma4Ya
20-07-2011, 07:01 AM
I have all that to come. Hugs to all, who have babies or children leaving :group hug:

The Juggler
20-07-2011, 03:50 PM
well I blubbed. was totally spoiled though. got flowers, more flowers, smellies, biscuits and some candles. feel very deflated now they have all left :( gonna cheer myself up at zumba tonight.

PixiePetal
20-07-2011, 03:58 PM
well mine has gone too - but I have 5 days booked in for September due to staggered start :clapping: so no tears here yet - he was term time only so used to having summer off.

I got thank you card with blue tits on - he knows I spend a long time watching birds from dining room window (and hope he has picked up a few bird names too), a ceramic lidded sweetie jar of jazzies (he knows I love choc:blush: ) and note book with VW camper vans on front and a toy one too :laughing: - he knows I love them. Very personal choices by child.:thumbsup:

I gave him a bumper book of Usborne Puzzle Adventures :) should keep him busy

jumpinjen
20-07-2011, 04:05 PM
Oh bless you all.... stock up on the tissues and choccies!

hugs, Jen x

The Juggler
20-07-2011, 09:50 PM
well mine has gone too - but I have 5 days booked in for September due to staggered start :clapping: so no tears here yet - he was term time only so used to having summer off.

I got thank you card with blue tits on - he knows I spend a long time watching birds from dining room window (and hope he has picked up a few bird names too), a ceramic lidded sweetie jar of jazzies (he knows I love choc:blush: ) and note book with VW camper vans on front and a toy one too :laughing: - he knows I love them. Very personal choices by child.:thumbsup:

I gave him a bumper book of Usborne Puzzle Adventures :) should keep him busy

awww yeay that you have them a little bit longer. what a lovely gift from him :) i just gotta get through my ds Y6 leavers assembly now in the morning. :blush: