PDA

View Full Version : Going around in circles

Mainey84
19-07-2011, 09:02 PM
I contacted the people incharge of my course regarding my current level 3 Food (Restaurant) Safety certificate and whether it would be ok to have that (i work for McDonalds so need to have it) rather than doing the basic food hygiene certificate. They told me that Ofsted would let me know if it was ok once registered.

Well i decided to email Ofsted to ask (trying to get as much sorted as soon as i can), they then sent me the longest email saying that its not a requirement with them and its up to the local authority...:angry: So i have now emailed my local enviro health department to see what they say...is it really that hard a question haha

Good job my pre-reg isn't until November :rolleyes:

sarah707
19-07-2011, 09:06 PM
It is not a requirement as far as ofsted / Eyfs goes to have a food hygiene certificate and a lot of childminders do not have one.

Some local authorities ask for a level 1 certificate and that is then valid for 3 years... if you have level 3 then that will 99% positive be fine.

I wouldn't worry if I were you. It's not something you need in place for registration.

Good luck with it all! :D

Mainey84
20-07-2011, 05:52 AM
Thanks Sarah,

I'm not too worried but the people in charge of my course said i will need one and i just want to make sure i put enough money aside for when i need it. I don't get any additional funding so i don't want any suprises ;)

I just hate it when one person says "oh so and so will know" then so and so says "oh its not up to us, its whose-me-whatsit" LOL Now waiting for whose-me-whatsit to reply and tell me it is thingamabob who i need to ask :laughing:

angeldelight
20-07-2011, 09:47 AM
I wouldn't worry about it

Angel xx

Mainey84
20-07-2011, 05:23 PM
It's fine YAYNESS! Got a quick reply so that's one thing ticked off my list, next to book my first aid WOOP!

Thank you for your messages :)