PDA

View Full Version : Andrex Kids moist toilet tissue

lulubelle
19-07-2011, 07:09 PM
has anyone used this?

i brought it for my son the other day as potty training and have used it literally once and his poor little bum is red raw, i have never seen it sooo bad!

i normally buy the flushable wipes from the baby bit but saw these in tesco and thought they would be ok!

he is really crying and sore bless him! have smothered him in cream (he screamed!!!) and given him some calpol!

sarah707
19-07-2011, 07:12 PM
Oh ouch! I hope he's feeling better soon :(

flowerpots
19-07-2011, 07:14 PM
We used them when my ds 1st started doing numder 2's in the toilet, they were fine on him. Hope your lo is ok. xxx

rickysmiths
19-07-2011, 07:38 PM
I have only used 'flushable' wipes and they blocked my drains :angry: Cost £100 to have them cleared. The guy, from a well knw drain clearance company, said they now have so many calls and find it is because the toilet wipes have blocked drains. I will never use them a gain. Good old fashioned toilet paper :thumbsup:

jayjay1963
19-07-2011, 08:42 PM
has anyone used this?

i brought it for my son the other day as potty training and have used it literally once and his poor little bum is red raw, i have never seen it sooo bad!

i normally buy the flushable wipes from the baby bit but saw these in tesco and thought they would be ok!

he is really crying and sore bless him! have smothered him in cream (he screamed!!!) and given him some calpol!

Try putting raw egg white on his skin then let it air dry, it's a really old remedy but works a treat (obviously not suitable for egg allergy sufferers or very young mindees!)

caz3007
19-07-2011, 08:50 PM
Poor little soul. Just use your normal baby wipes and pop in a nappy sack in your rubbish. Dont ever flush anything other than loo roll down the toilet. Hubby works at a plumbers merchants and the amount of problems the plumbers have with supposed flushable wipes, they dont break up at all. Friends ended up with sewerage leaking through their ceiling over xmas last year cos of these wipes

PixiePetal
19-07-2011, 09:23 PM
Poor lad, hope he is healed soon

I have had the toddler type ones but put them in a nappy sack to dispose - I only flush loo roll - too many stories of blocked drains and now we are on a septic tank I don't want it to fill with wipes etc :rolleyes:

mandynunn84
19-07-2011, 09:29 PM
i use these with my 2 yr old and 5 yr old an they seem fine, but i also dont flush them, nappy sack an bin for them... hope hes ok, i used the egg white with my daughter when she was younger as nothing else worked...xx

lulubelle
20-07-2011, 08:41 AM
luckily he seems a lot better this morning! covered him in nappy cream over night, he's still red but not so sore, will def be sticking to normal baby wipes and nappy sacks now!

angeldelight
20-07-2011, 09:45 AM
luckily he seems a lot better this morning! covered him in nappy cream over night, he's still red but not so sore, will def be sticking to normal baby wipes and nappy sacks now!

Glad he seems a bit better think I would stick to baby wipes too

Angel xx

AliceK
20-07-2011, 09:46 AM
I have only used 'flushable' wipes and they blocked my drains :angry: Cost £100 to have them cleared. The guy, from a well knw drain clearance company, said they now have so many calls and find it is because the toilet wipes have blocked drains. I will never use them a gain. Good old fashioned toilet paper :thumbsup:

Same here, blocked our drains up good and proper :angry: . The drain guy said the same thing. My advice is DONT USE THEM!!!

xxxx

sweets
20-07-2011, 12:12 PM
i had blocked drains once and the drain man told me that the new generation of toilet roll were usually to blame, you know the extra thick double quilted all singing and dancing stuff that costs twice as much as the normal type stuff.

He said its best to stick to 'bog' standard roll :laughing:

lulubelle
20-07-2011, 12:35 PM
had a reply from the email i sent to andrex basically saying it could of been a change in his diet!!!

they have apparently put a voucher in the post tho!