PDA

View Full Version : Need a Little Literacy Inspiration

VINASOL
19-07-2011, 05:26 PM
...mindee (4) and brother (7) are leaving my setting tomorrow and I've done an A3 colour photo montage of them (mainly the girl tbh)...anyways, I'm just about to do a border and I wanted to include the date they started with me and at what age (years, months) and what age they left (years, months) so it's something that they can keep.

However, I cannot think of a title to put at the top without it sounding like an obituary :blush: ....can anyone help...was thinking perhaps "Our Time At XXX's House?"....

karensmart4
19-07-2011, 05:36 PM
That sounds lovely :jump for joy: 'Our time at .....'s, just put your name that would be great, or as you said, at your house.

I bet they'll love it and it will be something to look back on for the children and their parents :thumbsup:

Mouse
19-07-2011, 05:41 PM
I know what you mean about it looking like an obituary! I did a photo montage for my mindees for chirsitmas & put the dates the photos were from (so, mindees' start dates - Christmas). The photos were on a black background, so it looked even more like at obituary!

I can't remember the exact words on the heading now, but it was something like "Look at T having fun at xxx's House!"

The Juggler
19-07-2011, 09:13 PM
I reckon just something like

'memories from xx's house'

VINASOL
20-07-2011, 05:10 PM
Well I chose 'Memories from My House', then put date kids started how old they were, and their last day and how old they were.

Mum was rather taken aback actually and got a little lump in her throat...then sent me a really lovely text saying what a really thoughtful gift and how fab it was!!

I'm so glad she liked it...am not very artisitic, so thanks to Microsoft Publisher, photo paper, glue, a tricky border and very thick cardboard a lovely A3 gift was made. Rather proud of it to be honest :o)

Thanks for your help.

miffy
20-07-2011, 05:13 PM
Lovely idea - might have to steal it! :thumbsup:

Miffy xx

Mouse
20-07-2011, 06:17 PM
Well I chose 'Memories from My House', then put date kids started how old they were, and their last day and how old they were.

Mum was rather taken aback actually and got a little lump in her throat...then sent me a really lovely text saying what a really thoughtful gift and how fab it was!!

I'm so glad she liked it...am not very artisitic, so thanks to Microsoft Publisher, photo paper, glue, a tricky border and very thick cardboard a lovely A3 gift was made. Rather proud of it to be honest :o)

Thanks for your help.

That's fab!

I get my A3 size photo posters from Costco. I submit it all from my laptop at home, then usually get an email a couple of hours later to say it's ready for collection. A bargain for £1.99!

The Juggler
20-07-2011, 09:47 PM
awww, glad mum liked it :clapping: :clapping: