PDA

View Full Version : Self Assessment of Service

manjay
19-07-2011, 03:51 PM
Copies of inspection paperwork can be found here (http://wales.gov.uk/cssiwsubsite/newcssiw/aboutus/providingsocialcare/pdcforms/childrensdaycare/childmind/?lang=en). They are not the easiest to find on CSSIW website so I thought it was useful to be pointed in the right direction.

They are not as scary as they look and it is a good idea to start making notes on them as soon as possible so that when the time comes to submit a copy you won't forget all the good things you have achieved over the last 2 years:D

The annual data audit is merely an information gathering excercise. It will be used by WG to drive social policy in the future.

The SAS is the most important part and the more you fill in here the less time the inspector is likely to spend with you. CSSIW are also being hit by financial cuts so they are looking at spending less time with settings that they see as low risk.

They are interested in evidence. So it is not enough to just say 'I provide a wide range of activities' you have to be able to back this up with examples of how you evidence this; for example, within your planning, in children's daily diaries, photos etc.

Hope that makes sense

amanda x

jelly15
19-07-2011, 04:17 PM

tulip0803
19-07-2011, 04:19 PM
I agree with you Manjay. I opened part 3 and closed it immediately! But when I actually read the notes that came with it it made sense and it did take ages to fill in. I did it online and I needed to do it that way as I needed to make the boxes bigger to fit what I wanted in! It wasn't as scary as it looked when I first opened it!

manjay
19-07-2011, 05:08 PM
I think keeping on top of it makes it easier too. I have 18 months before I am due again but I have plenty of notes already! Hopefully I will write so much she won't bother to come:laughing:

tulip0803
19-07-2011, 06:16 PM
I had diligently been filling in the old quality of care and SAF forms as I had them on the computer then they went and changed it! :rolleyes:

manjay
19-07-2011, 06:17 PM
I had diligently been filling in the old quality of care and SAF forms as I had them on the computer then they went and changed it! :rolleyes:

and these are being reviewed in October so may well change again;)

aly
19-07-2011, 08:06 PM
and these are being reviewed in October so may well change again;)
please dont say that...:panic:

I was like Tulip, I opened it got scared cried and closed it, then opened it again a week later and then asked Polly2 to help me :blush:

Polly2
20-07-2011, 07:38 AM
please dont say that...:panic:

I was like Tulip, I opened it got scared cried and closed it, then opened it again a week later and then asked Polly2 to help me :blush:

Has she been yet Aly?

brightstar
20-07-2011, 07:46 AM
The SAS is the most important part and the more you fill in here the less time the inspector is likely to spend with you. CSSIW are also being hit by financial cuts so they are looking at spending less time with settings that they see as low risk.

I must have done a good job with mine, she still hasn't been to inspect and I submitted mine 7 weeks ago :laughing:
Another minder I know was inspected within 2 weeks by the same inspector. I do wish she would hurry up though.