PDA

View Full Version : end of learning journey?

mushpea
19-07-2011, 03:46 PM
when a child reaches the august after they are 5yrs or when they leave you is there a form you fill in or get the parent to sign to say they have recived the childs learning journey?
also is there a form somonwhere that the parent can fill in when I send the folder home every 6 months? like a form that they can write what they think of the folder and what they would like their child to progress in?

loocyloo
19-07-2011, 04:39 PM
when i send the learning journeys home, or share with parents ( or any preschool/school staff ) i stick a postit note in, asking them to sign & date and for any comments. this then stays in learning journey.

i've never thought about asking parents to sign to say i've handed over the learning journey to them. i just give it to them! i can't remember what happened when DD left reception, i know i signed something, but i think that was giving the school permission to keep DDs learning journal to use to show new parents !!!! ;)

blue bear
19-07-2011, 04:47 PM
I only hand them when over when child leaves but once out of eyfs just encourage child to add to it rather than me, so child who is 7 still has hers going strong.

francinejayne
19-07-2011, 06:55 PM
I only hand them when over when child leaves but once out of eyfs just encourage child to add to it rather than me, so child who is 7 still has hers going strong.

that's a nice idea!