PDA

View Full Version : favourite computer games/software for mindees?

jadavi
19-07-2011, 02:40 PM
Can people direct me towards favourite games the mindees like to play on computer....all ages. I'm hoping to find quite a bit on line to save costs.
I do have a Wii but read bad reviews about peppa pig....

any advice appreciated
jac

sdean
19-07-2011, 04:00 PM
Can people direct me towards favourite games the mindees like to play on computer....all ages. I'm hoping to find quite a bit on line to save costs.
I do have a Wii but read bad reviews about peppa pig....

any advice appreciated
jac

I have a sherston program bought from ebay that has 10 different games, tizzys toy box, an alphabet game, counting game etc that was £39.99.

we use cbeebies, phonics play, education city there are a few others but I cannot think off the top of my head - I will check later and come back to you.

pinky33
19-07-2011, 04:52 PM
We use kneebouncers.com for the lilies great for cause and effect.

love381
19-07-2011, 05:13 PM
We have Peppa Pig The Game and Peppa Pig's Theme Park Fun on DS and they are the best games we've bought!!! The lo's play on them for hours given the chance!! I've got a 33 month old who can do some of the games independently on Peppa Pig The Game. We also have a Thomas the Tank Engine one and that's quite good, it's a bit basic so the lo's can manage the games on it and it's good for them to learn some skills - I think it's called Hero of the Rails. All three of these games can be on the Wii too and I'm sure I saw Peppa for £10/£12 in Asda last week.

We've also got Nick Fit (now that's a brilliant game, for ALL ages!!), Junior Dance is good too, but some of the moves can be a bit tricky (for me anyway!)

I'm sure there are others, I'll get my thinking cap on!! x

jadavi
19-07-2011, 05:41 PM
thank you! really helpful

IsabellaB
19-07-2011, 07:55 PM
the cbeebies website has a few games on that keep my 4 and 5 year old entertained, they also link to EYFS so handy

Chatterbox Childcare
19-07-2011, 08:22 PM
I use cbeebiees too.

For the wii they love Zumba, all dancing, especially the under 3 ones as they are rhymes too, look on ebay for cheap ones and I have Peppa Pig which my 3 year old loves.

By far out favourite is Donkey Kong which is played by all ages

The Juggler
19-07-2011, 09:07 PM
for the PC

spooky mansion
bob the builder
pingu
wizard of oz
reading writing and maths (scholastic)
the lego games

Jiorjiina
19-07-2011, 10:18 PM
May I direct your attention towards the Orsinal (http://www.ferryhalim.com/orisinal/) website? Never mind the mindees, I have been playing these for years and I adore them.

They are free, very safe, user friendly and utterly, utterly lovely (although the music can grate after a bit). And good for practising those mouse skills!

flowerpots
20-07-2011, 05:57 AM
May I direct your attention towards the Orsinal (http://www.ferryhalim.com/orisinal/) website? Never mind the mindees, I have been playing these for years and I adore them.

They are free, very safe, user friendly and utterly, utterly lovely (although the music can grate after a bit). And good for practising those mouse skills!

Thank you for the link, those games are lovely. :D