PDA

View Full Version : LJ's and Transition Forms

BuggsieMoo
19-07-2011, 09:10 AM
Hi

Ive got 2 mindees who are both due to start school in September. Both are continuing to come to me, but clearly their hours will change.

My question is I have done a transition form for them both - do I send it to school or do I ask the parents to?

Also, I have done them both LJ's - which I would like to continue and add to instead of starting new ones from school age. Can I do this or do I need to hand these over to school when they start?

Thanks all

Lisa x

miss mopple
19-07-2011, 10:50 AM
I am in the same siutuation. I am going to hand the form direct to mindees teacher and offer to take the learning journey in for a meeting. I dont want to hand it over to school as it is still a working document for me through the summer

samkeddy
19-07-2011, 11:55 AM
Do either of you have a copy of the form you've used or can you point me in the right direction to get one as not sure what to put on one if making my own!

Thanks x

BuggsieMoo
19-07-2011, 12:59 PM
Do either of you have a copy of the form you've used or can you point me in the right direction to get one as not sure what to put on one if making my own!

Thanks x

As in the transition form? You get it from your local council as it has their logo on it. Then it is just the highlight chart with it of the months and areas.

We only have to do it in Gloucester if your an acreddited childminder so its worth checking. x

miss mopple
19-07-2011, 04:08 PM
I am going to do my own - basically just a copy of his latest report summary which says where he is now. Spoke to his new teacher tonight (he will have my daughters teacher and I had parents eve) and she was thrilled I have offered to do one :thumbsup:

loocyloo
19-07-2011, 04:44 PM
I am going to do my own - basically just a copy of his latest report summary which says where he is now. Spoke to his new teacher tonight (he will have my daughters teacher and I had parents eve) and she was thrilled I have offered to do one :thumbsup:

i did that for one of my mindees last year, who was moving into my DDs old class! i then went in one afternoon once mindee had started school and showed the teacher the LJ that i kept, and they showed me theirs! if mindee did something amazing at mine, then i usually also sent a copy of it into school! school said they knew more about mindee from me, than they got from nursery. i said that was easy ... i'd been looking after him nearly fulltime for 4 yrs! nursery had known him a year, 3 mornings a week !!!! :rolleyes:

BuggsieMoo
19-07-2011, 05:32 PM
i did that for one of my mindees last year, who was moving into my DDs old class! i then went in one afternoon once mindee had started school and showed the teacher the LJ that i kept, and they showed me theirs! if mindee did something amazing at mine, then i usually also sent a copy of it into school! school said they knew more about mindee from me, than they got from nursery. i said that was easy ... i'd been looking after him nearly fulltime for 4 yrs! nursery had known him a year, 3 mornings a week !!!! :rolleyes:

I spoke to both schools today - 2 infant schools 5 mins apart (barking!). I have arranged to go in and see them at the beginning of a week when I have some free time to share LJ's with them. I am also photocopying the transition forms so that if parents don't hand over I have a copy :thumbsup:

I'm lucky that one mindee is going to be in the same class as my daughter and I already know the teacher from my son so she knows who I am and that im his minder and shares info already to tell me what is happening when he starts etc.

Thanks all x