PDA

View Full Version : disruptive child 'HELP'

shmuck9681
19-07-2011, 06:55 AM
Hi I have a boy who is 11 going into seniors in September and on a couple of occasions have found him doing silly things to my 2 yo son, (teaching him to poke himself in the eye was one of them) but couldn't prove as he said he just had a sore eye and was rubbing it, did confront mum and she said his eye was red, i know what i seen though...
then yesterday i caught him red handed pouring juice down my son whilst telling him to do it, mum was there too so was confronted straight away and he said he didn't know why he done it but apologized.... question is this is not the kind of thing i want to keep happening,
How can i explain to him mum that i don't tolerate this kind of behavior and also what happens in the event anything happens again as i would want to terminate the contract.... would i tell her now that if it happens again i would be terminating straight away? or do i have to give 4 weeks notice? if i terminate straight away would she be liable to pay for the 4 weeks notice period?
Thanks

rickysmiths
19-07-2011, 07:06 AM
I would write the parents a letter with details of the incidents that have happened, the impact on the younger children in your care and stating that under your Ofsted Registration that you may care for over eights only if their behaviour does not impact on the younger ones.

I would give 4 weeks notice (do you have him in the holidays?), if you don't then 4 weeks notice from the beginning of term, conditional on a marked improvement in behaviour and subject to a weekly meeting with the parents to discuss his progress which should be recorded each time. If behaviour has improved then the Contract can continue with a further 4 weeks settling back, during which time you can terminate with no noice.

This then should get over the 'Best Behaviour' period.

shmuck9681
19-07-2011, 07:11 AM
thanks will try that x

pears
19-07-2011, 09:01 AM
Hi,i was also in the same position with a ten year old boy who will be 11 in sept,very disruptive and whispering in the ear to try get the younger ones to do silly things,probably thinking i did not know what was going on!I got through last winter after trying various methods of keeping him occupied but have just told mum last week he has outgrown my setting(hard for me as he has been with me since he was 8 months old)she agreed and he will possibly be going to another childminder who he is familiar with and has children of his age to play with.Mum was happy for me to have him till end of term as he does not come in hols(goes to other childminder as i dont offer holiday care)it was a relief to speak to mum and hopefully a stress free winter for me!
hope you can agree with your parent what to do for the best.
im new here so hope i have done it right!x