PDA

View Full Version : got new mindees visiting re pos childcare

newandlearning
18-07-2011, 05:50 PM
I can't believe I've had 3 calls in 2 days..

and as I'm currently helping out parents this week with extra care I've got one parent visiting with her 4 children tomorrow and I will also have my 4 mindees here.. :panic: .. could be mad..

and then have 5 mindees here the following day and a 20 month old visiting...

thursday isn't much quieter for me so wasn't much point in re-scheduling for then and next week is first week of summer hols so would be just a busy then... :)

I kind of feel I need to get some activities set up for these visits or it could be mad.. what activities would you do ? or have laid out to go?

have you ever had parents visit when you are busy.. and can you give me some tips on how to be good and successful? xx:)

ALSO.. what do you say to parents if your gut feeling is unsure if the family or kids would fit with you and your setting? how can we say one minute we are available and then say sorry .. not available? :)

sarah707
18-07-2011, 09:21 PM
I usually say that I have a place but there are 2 families after it... then I have a get out if something doesn't feel right.

I wouldn't normally invite families when I am really really busy because I want to take time to chat to them... but if you think it will work then have favourite toys and games out and explain that you might not be able to give them your full attention as the children come first.

Good luck! :D

AliceK
19-07-2011, 10:08 AM
I have had parents visit when I have been really busy in school hols. I warn them first on the phone but it's always gone OK. With the older mindees I just explain that I need some time to talk to another parent and could they keep the noise levels down (set them an activity to keep them occupied) and the younger ones just carry on as usual although they are usually very interested in the parent and child that's come to see us. I explain to the parent that please don't think I'm rude if I have to dash away but the children are my priority. I tell them to go away and have a think about things and if they are interested they can come back and sign contracts and pay deposit etc at a quieter time perhaps early evening or weekend.

Good luck :thumbsup:

xxx

btw it's usually my own children that let me down when I'm having a meeting with a parent :blush: