PDA

View Full Version : Before and after nursery!

green4lynn
18-07-2011, 05:04 PM
Hi all, I'm a bit nervous as I've finally spoken to a mum about fees in september. I've been looking after her dd for 2 years 3 days a week with occasional extra days when needed. She told me a few months ago that in september she would be increasing her nursery hours but I'd still have her 2 days , and could I do before and after nursery one day (she'd be going 9-3 to nursery). I agreed as I needed to keep as much income as possible, and the alternative was her not coming to me on that day, and mum and dad sorting out pick-up and drop-off.
When I actually thought about it I realised that I should be charging for the full day, as she is taking up a full day.
I finally bit the bullet and texted mum saying how I felt and that I hated talking about money! She is coming round tonight to discuss it, and I'm a little apprehensive! She is lovely and I really shouldn't be worried, but I can't help it!
Wish me luck!

Lynn x

miffy
18-07-2011, 05:08 PM
Good luck - hope you manage to sort something out that you're both happy with

Miffy xx

The Juggler
18-07-2011, 10:27 PM
how did it go

green4lynn
19-07-2011, 06:12 AM
It went fine thanks, mum has agreed to pay for full day, but wanted reassurance that I could get her dd to nursery on time as I do another school drop off in the other direction! I said it wasn't a problem, I do it now and its fine.
She did tell me however that come Sept 2012 when dd starts school, they will not need me but will be using before and after school clubs, at least I've got plenty of warning!!!

Lynn x
:clapping:

miffy
19-07-2011, 06:51 AM
Glad it's sorted - shame they will move to the after school club but at least you know you can fill the place and a years work is not bad! :thumbsup:

Miffy xx