PDA

View Full Version : Stratford on Avon and Warickshire area

ChocolateChip
18-07-2011, 05:00 PM
Hi, will be on holiday up here next week, just wondered what suggestions there are to do, my kids are 11, 9 and 5.

On the list so far are
Warwick Castle
Stratford (any ideas of what is actually there and good for the kids?)
Hatton Farm Village

Any other suggestions gratefully rec'd, and if anyone wants ideas for Devon let me know!:D

sarah707
18-07-2011, 05:14 PM
When I go anywhere new in the UK I ring the local tourist information centre and ask them to send me a pack of child-friendly outings ideas... if they can't send them then I go in a collect when we get there.

I have very happy memories of Warwick I used to visit there a lot when I was a student. Enjoy! :D

Carol M
18-07-2011, 05:22 PM
Stratford Butterfly Farm, I was there last week!
Nice walks by the river and eating places close.
Carol xx

Rachel_82
18-07-2011, 05:24 PM
Hi,

I used to Nanny around Stratford and Warwickshire. You've got the main things listed. But there are also parks that you can go to.

Warwick - St Nicholas Park. It has a low lever swimming/paddling area for warm day, where the children can play in the water. A cafe and a lovely play area. You can hire a rowing boat or motor boat to go up the river.

Stratford itself is a lovely place... They usually have entertainers next to the canal, and you can watch the barges go through the locks. There is a park right close to the centre which is all walkable from the town centre parking.
There is the Butterfly Farm too which is close to the centre. Quite expensive for what it is, but if you like butterflies it will be worth it....

It is a really lovely area and I'm sure you will have a fab time :-)

You could always try out Leamington Spa... That's a nice place too....

Rachel.

Bitsy Beans
18-07-2011, 05:53 PM
Near the Butterfly Farm there is a rather nice play area for the kids, zip wire, climbing stuff. We love it there :D

How far out from Stratford are you willing to travel?

bec123
18-07-2011, 07:02 PM
Ragley Hall is near Stratford - thats worth a visit.
Charlecote Park (national trust)
Kenilworth Castle
Coombe Abbey (Coventry)

Just a few I can think of
x

ChocolateChip
19-07-2011, 01:48 PM
These places sound fab, thankyou everyone, guess what I will be googling tonight, ha ha!
We are actually staying at Walton, near Wellesbourne so anywhere less than an hours drive would be good.