PDA

View Full Version : Was 10 minutes late to collect my own children today

pinkbutterfly
18-07-2011, 04:08 PM
I was 10 minutes late to collect my own children. It has never happened to me before but there was an extra traffic due to roadworks and an accident ... The receptionist at school nearly bit my head off.
She said 'You're really late'
I said 'I know I'm sorry'
She said 'You don't expect us to mind your own children, do you?'
There were 6 other children waiting and some classes were still full of children waiting to go out.
In 4 years that my children used the school I have never been late. I feel like trash today. I wonder if she pounces on all the parents like that. I know I will be late tomorrow again :panic: I wish my car could fly

rickysmiths
18-07-2011, 04:19 PM
I wouldn't take any notice of her.

Surely if you know about the roadworks now you can leave a little earlier and get to school on time?

pinkbutterfly
18-07-2011, 04:33 PM
No I can't ... I do another pick up before I collect mine :blush:

miffy
18-07-2011, 04:46 PM
I don't think there's any need for her to speak to you like that but if you can't get there to pick your own children up on time then maybe you need to rethink the other pick up whilst these road works are on.

Thank goodness it's the last week of term!

Miffy xx

charleyfarley
18-07-2011, 04:56 PM
I'd ignore her to be honest. It was a one off and you apologised, what more could you do.

Sorry but I'm anti schools at the moment and today my ds and mindee were almost 15 mins late coming out, which then made me late collecting dd from the junior part of the school :angry:

Not long till school finishes and hopefully the roadworks will be gone by the time the children go back :thumbsup:

Carol xx

love381
19-07-2011, 06:10 AM
I would speak to Head about Receptionist, she has NO right to speak to you like that, regardless of how late you are!!! Is it possible for a family member to pick your children up due to the traffic/roadworks? It's only a few more days to the end of term!! Could you explain to your children's teachers what is likely to happen? Sometimes pre-warning of possibility of lateness can help. Is there any other route you can take from first pick up? Even if this other route is a bit longer, you may only be a few minutes late rather than 10! x

candylove13
19-07-2011, 07:04 AM
I think she was a bit rude and harsh to be honest, it was a one off. I'm sure we have all been running late at some point and 10 minutes is hardly the end of the world.
The 2 schools I go to, one will always open the doors up to 5 minutes late in the morning and 5 minutes early in the afternoon :( and the other one is often up to 10 minuutes late opening the doors on collection. But a group of parent aren't complaining at reception every day:mad:
I agree ignore her. I canremember when we had all the snow, the head teacher marching down to the nursery and banging on the door (locked) and giving the teachers a dressing down for making us wait in the snow for an extra 10 minutes.
Schools eh? :rolleyes: