PDA

View Full Version : Gone just like that!!

Tracy123
18-07-2011, 03:25 PM
Just registered with NCMA and thats £131.40 gone just like that!!:panic: She tried to sell me the tools for trade pack which sounded good but the price would of been too much!! Has anyone got this and is it useful??

Penny1959
18-07-2011, 03:58 PM
It can be very useful when first starting up as has everything you need. However there are other companies selling stuff.

Do be careful if do you own though as could end up an expensive saving in the long run.

Is there not any funding in your area?

If not - maybe you could buy each bit as you need it - and as you take on mindees.

Penny :)

Pixie dust
18-07-2011, 04:18 PM
Like Penny says it really depends on how you are going to do your paperwork accounts/registers/contracts etc I did get the pack when I first started as it was handy I had everything ready to go.

miffy
18-07-2011, 05:02 PM
Just registered with NCMA and thats £131.40 gone just like that!!:panic: She tried to sell me the tools for trade pack which sounded good but the price would of been too much!! Has anyone got this and is it useful??

Crikey! What did you buy?

Miffy xx

Tracy123
18-07-2011, 05:20 PM
I got Insurance and membership was £96 and i got a fire blanket and some contracts! Yea i was thinking it would be useful as i havent got any permissions sorted yet. Can i make up my own? I want to do things the cheap way but when starting up i dont exactly know how to set things up and what to put in them etc...
Can i use MM permission etc..
Also can i photocopy the sheets as it will cost alot to keep getting them wont it?

Oh god! Why did i do this!!

Tracy123
18-07-2011, 05:22 PM
Also Penny, No there is no funding in my area:(

Thanks for the replies

shazsull
18-07-2011, 05:43 PM
on our pre reg we was told we would get the pack and blanket free im still not registered and now ive missed the boat!!!but our council course now costs 60 quid .my own fault hey ho more money to part with cant wait

Pixie dust
18-07-2011, 05:48 PM
You can make your own permission slips and child record forms but you will also need contracts.
You can't photocopy their stuff due to copyright.

Pipsqueak
18-07-2011, 05:48 PM
you could have done the insurance and membership on direct debit!!!

but eeekkkk

manjay
18-07-2011, 05:52 PM
I had the start up pack as part of my setting up package and it was good to see the documents. However I now only use the contracts and the child record forms. The other documents didn't suit me. I would say as long as you have the contracts to start with you can decide at a later date if you want any other paperwork.

Permission forms are easy to make yourself. Use the free download from NCMA here (http://www.*************/childminders/your_business/policies_and_procedures/parental_permissions.aspx) as a starting point.

Tracy123
18-07-2011, 06:02 PM
on our pre reg we was told we would get the pack and blanket free im still not registered and now ive missed the boat!!!but our council course now costs 60 quid .my own fault hey ho more money to part with cant wait

Yea i was told that i would get a free fire blanket but no NCMA said not!!:mad: Looks like i have to buy everything!! I hope its worth it!

Thanks for all the replies. Manjay thats great thanks for the link! Im starting on 15th Aug so need everything sorted for then and im away 1 week of it on my hols :D Want everything out of the way so i can enjoy it!!

manjay
18-07-2011, 06:07 PM
Yea i was told that i would get a free fire blanket but no NCMA said not!!:mad: Looks like i have to buy everything!! I hope its worth it!

Thanks for all the replies. Manjay thats great thanks for the link! Im starting on 15th Aug so need everything sorted for then and im away 1 week of it on my hols :D Want everything out of the way so i can enjoy it!!

I am sure it will be worth it:D . Unfortunately most local authorities are making cuts now and there are fewer and fewer new childminders who are eligible for any help when starting up. I guess with any small business there are always start up costs but all of these can be offset as expenses when you come to do your accounts.

Good luck xx

Tracy123
18-07-2011, 06:27 PM
Ive done it! i had order the pack atleast then i will be able to see exactly what they are like and whats in them. i will use these for now until i set up my own. so thats now £170 ive spent in 1 day!!!!:angry:

Thanks for the advice and the replies everyone :thumbsup:

manjay
18-07-2011, 06:48 PM
Ive done it! i had order the pack atleast then i will be able to see exactly what they are like and whats in them. i will use these for now until i set up my own. so thats now £170 ive spent in 1 day!!!!:angry:

Wait until you see all the fab resources that you really don't think you can do without! I can spend £170 no problem:thumbsup:

mrs coops
18-07-2011, 07:48 PM
you could have done the insurance and membership on direct debit!!!

but eeekkkk

can this be paid monthly rather than in one lump sum?
i thought it had to paid in one payment :blush:

rickysmiths
18-07-2011, 07:53 PM

Just remember that as a member of NCMA you will not get legal help if you don't use their Contracts.

I don't understand why people find the Contracts so expensive. They only cost £1.58 each for three copies that self duplicate. That is peanuts in terms of the income they will generate. Even if it was for one child one day a week and say a day cost £30 your income for 44 weeks (allowing for your holiday) is £1320. Surely an outlay of £1.58 is worth it so you know you have the right things in place? If a parent wants any more than one day well the outlay becomes even less in proportion.

Tracy123
19-07-2011, 03:55 PM
Just remember that as a member of NCMA you will not get legal help if you don't use their Contracts.

I don't understand why people find the Contracts so expensive. They only cost £1.58 each for three copies that self duplicate. That is peanuts in terms of the income they will generate. Even if it was for one child one day a week and say a day cost £30 your income for 44 weeks (allowing for your holiday) is £1320. Surely an outlay of £1.58 is worth it so you know you have the right things in place? If a parent wants any more than one day well the outlay becomes even less in proportion.

Yea i will be using their contracts. Just wasnt sure about the permissions etc.. But i have ordered the pack now. It was just a shock when she told me the total price. As everything i have bought lately is for my business i know i need it but need to spend sumthing on myself haha!!

tulip0803
19-07-2011, 04:15 PM
I always use the NCMA contracts - it looks professional and you know that they are legally worded and that you will definately get help from your insurance if you do have a problem payer. I also use the register and accounts book.

I don't yuse the child record forms as I find they don't have enough detail for me so I use my own. For a while I used NCMA ones and then my own but decided I was duplicating too much.