PDA

View Full Version : Diary of a Wimpy Kid

Stormy
18-07-2011, 02:12 PM
Went to childminder drop in this morning at the local Children's Centre.
Was given details of discounted cinema tickets for a date in the school holidays to see above film, we were told suitable for all ages and has been arranged for all parent and toddler groups and childminders.
Just watched a pre view on youtube, In my opinion not suitable for under 7's no idea what they are thinking.:rolleyes:
Has anyone seen it?

AliceK
18-07-2011, 04:51 PM
Went to childminder drop in this morning at the local Children's Centre.
Was given details of discounted cinema tickets for a date in the school holidays to see above film, we were told suitable for all ages and has been arranged for all parent and toddler groups and childminders.
Just watched a pre view on youtube, In my opinion not suitable for under 7's no idea what they are thinking.:rolleyes:
Has anyone seen it?

My DS went to see this with some friends for his 7th birthday a while ago. There were some younger children there but I don't think it would really be suitable for under 5's, they probably wouldn't really enjoy it anyway.

xxx

love381
19-07-2011, 06:15 AM
Books are 7+ as far as I can remember and I'm sure when my sister went she said she felt it wasn't suitable for my nephew (and he is 7!) I don't think it's aimed at little children. x

rickysmiths
19-07-2011, 06:48 AM
I've never heard of the film but it is probabally undersubscribed at the cinema which is why they gave the feebees to the Childrens Centre. They wouldn't give out feebees for the summer holidays for a film that will sell out.

Also sounds like the ciema and the CC manager have no idea about suitability.

I am surprised that the CC has even thought to give out such tickets for under fives. I know when mine were this small we only went to Sat Morning kids club. £1 a ticket then!!

Stormy
19-07-2011, 08:04 AM
I will call them today,you would have thought that the childminding support worker would have checked it out before telling us about it though, all the childminders there yesterday had children no older than 24-36 months:)

AliceK
19-07-2011, 09:58 AM
I will call them today,you would have thought that the childminding support worker would have checked it out before telling us about it though, [B]all the childminders there yesterday had children no older than 24-36 months:)
:laughing: :laughing: Def not suitable. I can't believe they would even think it would be :eek:

xxxx

clio0602
19-07-2011, 10:17 AM
My 10yr old ds is into the books and films at mo. No way would I say its suitable for under 5's lol

Very strange :-S

angeldelight
20-07-2011, 09:29 AM
I thought it was aimed at the over 8s anyway?

Is the film any good does anyone know?

Angel xx

AliceK
20-07-2011, 09:36 AM
I thought it was aimed at the over 8s anyway?

Is the film any good does anyone know?

Angel xx

We took my DS and 4 friends (all 7) to see it and they all loved it, both boys and girls.

xx

angeldelight
20-07-2011, 09:38 AM
Thanks Alice

angel xx